Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Loosing signal even in 30~50m distance

akajak

Join
Oct 27, 2018
I only flew my drone putside twice after purchasing it as a second hand, but it seems like the range of the radio controller is less than I expected.

I flew it in Singapore near Marina South Pier, but the warning sign shows up after reaching 30~50m in distance. Even with rhe OTG cable.

Apporximate alt was less than 60m. Open field, a bit cloudy day.

Could it be the drone problem? Or controller? Or external interference?

Any one having same problem in Singapore?

Make sure you are not in beginner mode and you are logged onto the DJI GO 4 with internet access.

Take your phone cable and get a adapter to go straight to the remote then it works fine the wifi it not any good had same problem till I did that.

I only flew my drone putside twice after purchasing it as a second hand, but it seems like the range of the radio controller is less than I expected.

I flew it in Singapore near Marina South Pier, but the warning sign shows up after reaching 30~50m in distance. Even with rhe OTG cable.

Apporximate alt was less than 60m. Open field, a bit cloudy day.

Could it be the drone problem? Or controller? Or external interference?

Any one having same problem in Singapore?
Did spark disconnect, or cannot fly beyond 50m?

Wl
It's all about EC mode. You need FCC mode for long range
I successfully changed the mode from EC to FCC (Wifi channer now shows 11channels for 2.4Ghz. I haven't tried outside since it rains heavy here, but thank you for the tip.
Most people outside the US are having same problem like this. I will test the distance range later and see. Thanks :)

Did spark disconnect, or cannot fly beyond 50m?
No, it didn't completely disconnect, but the error message in red showed up then initiated the return home, but I was still able to fly it ignoring the RTH function.

Wl

I successfully changed the mode from EC to FCC (Wifi channer now shows 11channels for 2.4Ghz. I haven't tried outside since it rains heavy here, but thank you for the tip.
Most people outside the US are having same problem like this. I will test the distance range later and see. Thanks :)
Please update when you test

Please update when you test
I switched CE mode to FCC, and did the first flight test, and it was amazing.
Felt like I was flying a totally different drone!

Average range of the CE mode was about 50m~100m at maximum, but after switching it to FCC mode, the range went up to 1Km!!
I didn't fly it more than 1.5Km to take the footage but I am pretty sure it can go up to 2Km or more.

Know your drone and its functions before trying to beat records... just an advice

Average range of the CE mode was about 50m~100m at maximum, but after switching it to FCC mode, the range went up to 1Km!!
I didn't fly it more than 1.5Km to take the footage but I am pretty sure it can go up to 2Km or more.
Thats exactly wheat i felt when shifted to FCC mode. i felt its a totally different Drone. SMooth transmission and no Blackout.

Well done! [emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast