Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Little drift

Pabloevaristo

Join
Apr 4, 2018
I noticed on my last 2 flights a little drift in the spark (yaw slowly to the left) when hovering static. I have never calibrated IMU nor compass... And the state of the sensors are in the green area. do you think it could be related with that?
(I have never received a message from the app suggesting the calibration, but some people say it could be necessary in some occasions.[emoji848]
Thanks

Since 2015, I’ve owned/flown 5 different DJI models, and all of them have done this from time to time. If it continues, perform the IMU calibration.

If drift problem persists after Compass and IMU calibration I'd check the props. Carefully run your fingers along edge for irregularities and inspect for any visual defects. Minor warping of blades is very hard to detect. Swapping for fresh set of props may correct drift or other unstable hovering.

If drift problem persists after Compass and IMU calibration I'd check the props. Carefully run your fingers along edge for irregularities and inspect for any visual defects. Minor warping of blades is very hard to detect. Swapping for fresh set of props may correct drift or other unstable hovering.
Thanks for the advice, but props are brand new

I've spotted this with my craft the last few flights, ever since I had the ATTI experience with the IMU not so long ago. I am going to recalibrate everything out in the middle of one of my fields this next weekend.

I have about 55 flights on my props, they seem okay, never hit anything other than a few strands of grass on rare occasion, so perhaps its time to change them?

Comments?

I'm having the same issue. Going to calibrate my IMU and compass before my next flight. We'll see if that fixes it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu