Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Kauai to Maui & Oahu

Thunder50

Join
Jul 7, 2018
Hello guys !
I will be heading to Kauai then Maui in the next few days and a first timer to both islands.
I was planning to bring my Spark on this trip and I was wondering if anyone can share their experiences on bringing drones and flying in these islands. Are they ok for us to fly on a safe manner? Are there any restrictions?
Can anyone share any awesome place to fly and get cool videos?
Any heads-up for me on this trip on what to expect will be greatly appreciated.
UPDATE: Oahu was just added to our destination. Any heads-up for Oahu will be awesome too. Thanks!

Last edited:
On Kauai dont fly over the taro fields in hanalei, there are critically endangered animals in this area and you can be cited. But other than that not too much in the way of restrictions

On Kauai dont fly over the taro fields in hanalei, there are critically endangered animals in this area and you can be cited. But other than that not too much in the way of restrictions

Hello mate!
Thanks for the very important info.
The US is very strict about endangered animals and I really appreciate you telling me about that particular area.
Thanks again !

Get Kittyhawk app. It lets you research in advance all the restrictions and no fly areas.
I’m going to Oahu in January so I’m also researching.
I’ve visited Maui 5 years ago. So many great memories.

Attachments

• FE48BEE5-3A04-42DE-91F8-522760776ADD.png
    FE48BEE5-3A04-42DE-91F8-522760776ADD.png
    503.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 5F0855FB-E3E7-40A5-9411-7F2615BA6BEC.png
    5F0855FB-E3E7-40A5-9411-7F2615BA6BEC.png
    472.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: hondacura93
Get Kittyhawk app. It lets you research in advance all the restrictions and no fly areas.
I’m going to Oahu in January so I’m also researching.
I’ve visited Maui 5 years ago. So many great memories.

Ok!
I will get that app.
Oahu was just added to our destination and will need some heads-up in there too.
Thank you !

Oahu has a lot of areas that are restricted due to sensitive wild life and military installations and airports

Oahu has a lot of areas that are restricted due to sensitive wild life and military installations and airports

I was just watching yt about Oahu and have seen areas that are pretty awesome to fly but, sounds like not a good idea. Last thing we wanna do is fly over those installations. Thanks mate, I totally appreciate the information.
We are flying out tomorrow Am.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast