Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is there anyway to unlock gimble in sport mode

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018
Is there anyway to unlock the gimble when the spark is in sport mode to stop it from twitching or what my nephew says it's dabbing [emoji23][emoji23]
Apparently when it's in sport mode the gimble gets locked to fpv mode but when you arnt using goggles it's horrible and it makes your videos look horrible too. I know it's only a 2 axis gimble but it still shouldn't be doing that when you roll left or right. It's like your flying a rc plane

I’m afraid not. You may be asking more than the technology can offer at this time. It was never marketed as a racing drone. Don’t know of any drone in it’s weight class that can handle a steady camera at high speed while banking.

I came out of my comfort zone this afternoon and put the Spark into sports mode.... OMG! It is freaking fast!

I’m afraid not. You may be asking more than the technology can offer at this time. It was never marketed as a racing drone. Don’t know of any drone in it’s weight class that can handle a steady camera at high speed while banking.
I wasn't asking about putting the spark in fpv mode for racing. I'm saying the camera/gimble when sports mode is activated gets locked into fpv mode which it shouldn't be doing when you are not using the goggles. Seems to me it's a bug. That's why videos are bad when flying in sports mode. It's actually a feature on the mavric which makes it like you are flying a rc plane when wearing the dgi goggles. I think it's called it's here

Seems to me it's a bug.

It's not a bug, DJI designed it that way to secure the camera during flight.

The Spark has a sensitive two axis gimbal that would probably get jiggled to the point of not working (gimbal overload) under Sports mode.

The Spark is not a Mavic, or Air, or a Phantom which have 3 axis gimbals that may be a little more robust and can handle the additional forces.

It's just a Spark.

Reactions: ReinhardtRas
46560B5F-5B07-481D-BE07-25DCB0E97979.png 46560B5F-5B07-481D-BE07-25DCB0E97979.png
I wasn't asking about putting the spark in fpv mode for racing. I'm saying the camera/gimble when sports mode is activated gets locked into fpv mode which it shouldn't be doing when you are not using the goggles. Seems to me it's a bug. That's why videos are bad when flying in sports mode. It's actually a feature on the mavric which makes it like you are flying a rc plane when wearing the dgi goggles. I think it's called it's here

Yes, the Spark is doing what it was designed to do. It will not depend on whether goggles are being used or not.

Reactions: ZPFunk
It's not a bug, DJI designed it that way to secure the camera during flight.

The Spark has a sensitive two axis gimbal that would probably get jiggled to the point of not working (gimbal overload) under Sports mode.

The Spark is not a Mavic, or Air, or a Phantom which have 3 axis gimbals that may be a little more robust and can handle the additional forces.

It's just a Spark.
Spark317,
One thing I’ve never tried is changing the mode after entering SPORTmode in settings...have you tried this?
I must admit though, the only reason I use Sport is for level flying at high speed.

In sportmode at 50 km/h the gimbal started shaking and is damaged; send it in for repair; i hope it will be free of charge.

Spark317,
One thing I’ve never tried is changing the mode after entering SPORTmode in settings...have you tried this?
I must admit though, the only reason I use Sport is for level flying at high speed.
I've tried it, even with the function key tied to fpv/follow toggle... it won't take :-(
The exaggerated tilt is certainly annoying, and is as simple as dji changing a firmware setting if they wanted to. As far as overloading goes, it still tilts in sport mode, just into the turn instead of levelling it. It seems any difference in the amount of actual gimbal movement would be nominal if they made the change. Either that or speed it up some in normal mode. 12 mph is crawling.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar