Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is it possible to run Sunhans 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz Wi-Fi Amps on a DJI Spark

Join
Oct 19, 2019
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to amplify the DJI Spark's Wi-Fi signal, by using a Sunhans eSunRC 3W 2.4GHz mini-Wifi Signal Booster. I have seen some other All-In-One amped antenna systems, like the Titan Switch and the Alientech, and was just wondering if I could just build one myself for my DJI Spark.

Thank you

Attachments

• 618kEjM67cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    618kEjM67cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 20
Short answer is yes you can. There are tons of boosters out there other than sunhans. You can build a boosted setup fairly cheap. Are you going with dual band or just single. Dual is more money.

Reactions: Jimmy Two Times
Short answer is yes you can. There are tons of boosters out there other than sunhans. You can build a boosted setup fairly cheap. Are you going with dual band or just single. Dual is more money.

Excellent, I actually went with the Sunhans 2.4GHz. It's the same model that I provided the picture of. I saw a good deal on eBay for two of them, and jumped on them. I also purchased a 4Hawks Raptor XR antenna, and a Rexuav battery power pack for the amps. I ordered all of these parts, assuming that it would work with the DJI Spark, but I could never find a video or forum post with someone having them hooked up to the Spark.

I then stumbled upon a comment on a website, or on a Youtube video, in which a person had said that it's not possible to hook up an amp to a Spark, to boost the signal. I had already bought the items, so I was pretty bummed. I am happy to hear that you say that it can be done. I already have The Raptor XR installed, and I have the two Sunhans 3 watt 2.4GHz amps, and I have the Rexuav battery. I am just waiting on a couple of power connectors to be mailed out to me for the Sunhans amps. I purchased the amps used, and the power cables didn't come included.

I'm not quite sure how to hook up the amps to the Raptor XR. I think I will probably need a couple of sma cables, but I don't know exactly which cables I need to link up the Sunhans to the Raptor. If you happen to know how to hook it up / which sma cables that I will need to hook up my Sunhans to my 4Hawks Raptor XR, it will be much appreciated.

What do you have coming out of your remote ? Do you have pictures? Usually you need Sma male to sma female to go from the RC to the antenna in of the booster. The output side of the booster usually is a sma male. Those you can thread right on 2 Omni directional antennas or the connectors from your 4 hawks. That antenna should have come with a set of sma cables as well. Let me know if that helps.
whomever said you can’t boost the spark was a not to bright it’s been done a million times. Check out the FB group called The Spark Side. These guys have done all kinds of boosted mods that is where I figured all of this stuff out.

What do you have coming out of your remote ? Do you have pictures? Usually you need Sma male to sma female to go from the RC to the antenna in of the booster. The output side of the booster usually is a sma male. Those you can thread right on 2 Omni directional antennas or the connectors from your 4 hawks. That antenna should have come with a set of sma cables as well. Let me know if that helps.
whomever said you can’t boost the spark was a not to bright it’s been done a million times. Check out the FB group called The Spark Side. These guys have done all kinds of boosted mods that is where I figured all of this stuff out.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I had originally watched a video on YouTube titled, ''HOW TO SUPERCHARGE DJI PA3 Wi-Fi SIGNAL WITH AMPS". He showed his DJI Phantom 3 with ARGtek omni directional antennas. He had the antennas screwed onto the the Sunhans amps, then screwed onto an sma male to rp-sma male adapter. That adapter was then screwed onto the transmitter.

I own a few ARGTEK antennas, so I figured this would work with the DJI Spark, as well. I can see how the ARGTEK antennas would attach, but I'm not sure how I would hook up the amps to the Raptor. The Sunhans that I received didn't include most of the original contents, which is probably why it was priced so low. Here are some pictures of my potential setup that may help you see what I may need to purchase to get this setup up and running.

Attachments

• 20191021_225043.jpg
    20191021_225043.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20191021_225047.jpg
    20191021_225047.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 19
  • 20191021_225053.jpg
    20191021_225053.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20191021_225059.jpg
    20191021_225059.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 20191021_225108.jpg
    20191021_225108.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20191021_225113.jpg
    20191021_225113.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20191021_225129.jpg
    20191021_225129.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20191021_225622.jpg
    20191021_225622.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20191021_225639.jpg
    20191021_225639.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20191021_225643.jpg
    20191021_225643.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: Haggi
For the power the sunhans use a smaller plug for power than what comes with the RexUav battery. Good news is they sell the adapter. That will adapt to the correct size you need and its already a "y" connector so you can power both. If its the 3000 battery you should be about 6 to 7 flights before you have to charge the battery again which is pretty good.
As for connecting the "sma's" to the 4hawks. That part is pretty easy. I am not sure what comes out of the remote. But i do know that the antenna in of the sunhan is a female sma. So one side would need to be male going to that and depending what is on the RC side you would either need male or female. From there coming out of the sunhan is (antenna out) that i know is male. I want to say that the 4hawks came with a male cable on both ends i dont remember because i dont have it in front of me. But if it does you will need one side to be female.(i have to check so you get the right stuff).
As far as mounting it what i have see is people double side tab or Velcro the boosters and batter to the back of the 4hawks(RC side) so its on compact unit and it looks good. This way you can pop on you whips when you want to use them or thread on your connectors if you want to you the 4hawks and everything is in one spot.

Let me know if that helps.

How is the xr by itself ? what kind of distance have you gotten from it non-boosted. I have the SR and I have boosted that as well as boosted 5db omis and with that setup i crushed the 8k mark in one direction in 2.4ghz

For the power the sunhans use a smaller plug for power than what comes with the RexUav battery. Good news is they sell the adapter. That will adapt to the correct size you need and its already a "y" connector so you can power both. If its the 3000 battery you should be about 6 to 7 flights before you have to charge the battery again which is pretty good.
As for connecting the "sma's" to the 4hawks. That part is pretty easy. I am not sure what comes out of the remote. But i do know that the antenna in of the sunhan is a female sma. So one side would need to be male going to that and depending what is on the RC side you would either need male or female. From there coming out of the sunhan is (antenna out) that i know is male. I want to say that the 4hawks came with a male cable on both ends i dont remember because i dont have it in front of me. But if it does you will need one side to be female.(i have to check so you get the right stuff).
As far as mounting it what i have see is people double side tab or Velcro the boosters and batter to the back of the 4hawks(RC side) so its on compact unit and it looks good. This way you can pop on you whips when you want to use them or thread on your connectors if you want to you the 4hawks and everything is in one spot.

Let me know if that helps.

How is the xr by itself ? what kind of distance have you gotten from it non-boosted. I have the SR and I have boosted that as well as boosted 5db omis and with that setup i crushed the 8k mark in one direction in 2.4ghz

Excellent, I appreciate all of your help. The Raptor XR works well. It's a bit large, as you can see, but it's light. I have only tested it for a few flights since I have installed it. I definitely run out of battery before I run out of signal, as long as I have the drone in my line of sight. From the three or four test flights that I have taken with it, I seem to make it around 9000+ feet, in one direction, before I get the warning to go home. I live in NH, so I usually fly over huge areas of primarily empty forest. I do have to get up a little higher in the sky to clear the the trees in my yard, and maintain line of sight.

My farthest flight yet was with my ARGtek dual band omni's. I made it to 10,250 feet one way, before I received the battery warning messages. I believe I was in 5.8Ghz mode for that flight. That's why I purchased the uavmods Spark battery adapter, and the Maxxamps 3s 1850mah battery. According to the uavmods website, that setup should give me approximately 25+ minutes of flight time. I'm still waiting on an XT30 to XT60 cable to be shipped out to me, before I can get that battery mod up and running for the first time. As soon as the rest of my parts get shipped out to me, and I get both of these mods up and running, I'll have to post a follow-up reply on here, to let you know how I made out. Thanks again for your assistance.

Last edited:
Awesome. With what you have you don’t even need boost. I wish I could get that. Max for me boosted with 5db Omnis was 8500 feet. In a pretty open area. Maybe I will try those ARGtek omnis. I think with the sr I boosted was around 4200 ft

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis