Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

..Is it only me?

Mr Dave NJ

Join
Jun 21, 2018
Loc
Northwest New Jersey
Well I received my sun shade glare guard for DJI Spark today. I checked the few utube tutorials to make sure I knew how to install it. It certainly looked simple enough and I anticipated no problem. But....it doesn't fit or seem to click into place. It falls off easily. I am aware of the little catch on top of clip to connect the slot on drone. So is it only me that has this problem and is there anyone else to share the solution?

Attachments

• spark photo1.jpg
    spark photo1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 246
Well I received my sun shade glare guard for DJI Spark today. I checked the few utube tutorials to make sure I knew how to install it. It certainly looked simple enough and I anticipated no problem. But....it doesn't fit or seem to click into place. It falls off easily. I am aware of the little catch on top of clip to connect the slot on drone. So is it only me that has this problem and is there anyone else to share the solution?
Where did you get that? Would like to get a more detailed look at how it's supposed to work.

I sent it back but I still need a lens hood. The order was through Amazon which I used recently to get propeller guards, then Iphone sun screen and finally the lens hood. The other items were fine and the hood I sent back was a DJI product for Spark made in China. I don't know if they sent the wrong one or the part that clips within the spark broke off. There was no broken plastic part in the box I received so if it has a broken piece it must have happened at the manufacturing level before packaged. I haven't as yet received any advice on here whether the part was broken or simply the wrong item. I have a photo attachment of the advertised hood and a photo of the one I received. Perhaps if I go directly to a DJI site I'll have better luck than Amazon.

It is not a DJI product, and it is not sold in DJI store.
would someone please post a website where I can get the proper lens hood needed for my spark? Everyone I have looked at so far says or indicates official DJI product. Thank you... PS this is the box the hood came in...photo attachment

Attachments

• lens hood.JPG
    lens hood.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Mr Dave NJ,

You are not going to like a lens hood.
I thought I needed one too but when I got it, Caused an effect I did not like.
When you would slow down to an abrupt stop in just regular mode, the video would record as if a window shade was pulled down over top 1/3 of the view and then returned to full "open" as the Spark would level out.
Camera Lens Sunshade Sunhood Cap Cover Sensing Screen Protection For DJI Spark | eBay

I am sure it could be used effectively in TriPod mode.
But after I initially saw that effect, I tossed them.

Just an FYI

Reactions: Texas Gonzo
749E6919-0173-49FE-8295-EE76912A780C.jpeg
Mr Dave NJ,

You are not going to like a lens hood.
I thought I needed one too but when I got it, Caused an effect I did not like.
When you would slow down to an abrupt stop in just regular mode, the video would record as if a window shade was pulled down over top 1/3 of the view and then returned to full "open" as the Spark would level out.
Camera Lens Sunshade Sunhood Cap Cover Sensing Screen Protection For DJI Spark | eBay

I am sure it could be used effectively in TriPod mode.
But after I initially saw that effect, I tossed them.

Just an FYI
The hood I received seemed to be defective. The small clip was only the thickness of half a dime. Must have been broken off compared to photos of others. The piece red arrow points to. In addition the sides (circled in blue) didn’t seem to cover gimble sides properly. In other words it didn’t quite slide back into correct position enough. I sent it back for refund.Unfortunately they don’t refund what you put out for shipping initially but did cover the return mailing. The attached photo isn’t the one I had, it a screenshot of the add hood . I generally use the TriPod mode so tempting to try another purchase.

Reactions: pmshop
View attachment 5813 The hood I received seemed to be defective. The small clip was only the thickness of half a dime. Must have been broken off compared to photos of others. The piece red arrow points to. In addition the sides (circled in blue) didn’t seem to cover gimble sides properly. In other words it didn’t quite slide back into correct position enough. I sent it back for refund.Unfortunately they don’t refund what you put out for shipping initially but did cover the return mailing. The attached photo isn’t the one I had, it a screenshot of the add hood . I generally use the TriPod mode so tempting to try another purchase.

I ditched it as this type is also known to cause gimbals overload issue which i experienced during sport mode.

Eventually I got the one below (same one mentioned by xtro83) , which the manufacturer claimed won't cause gimbals overload issue, so far so good!

412349_300.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena