Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Interesting disconnect.

Lupz

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Loc
Australia
So had my first disconnect on the weekend. The reason was I was in a area with I'd say close to 100 other people with phones with Wifi turned on.

It appears my phone just decided to connect to another network and the spark went into RTH.

Now here are my points, I know this could be solved with a OTG cable, but thats not the point. Here is my concern, why when you are using the remote does it need to drop out as well. Surely the connection between the remote and the spark is still active, or does the remote simply operate as a pass through for the drone.

The other thing is why can't you simply set your phone to stay connected to one network and not even look for others.

why can't you simply set your phone to stay connected to one network and not even look for others.

In iOS, in WiFi settings, make sure "Ask to Join Networks" is on, your device won't automatically recognize "known" networks and will ask you if you want to join any others that it's within range of. Not sure if the same feature is available on Android.

Yea got that on.

I'd say the sheer number of phones in the area just screwed me over. When you think about it there are only so many channels so I'm guessing the one I was on just filled up and it disconnected.

Interestingly the drone kept recording through the process.

Yea got that on.

I'd say the sheer number of phones in the area just screwed me over. When you think about it there are only so many channels so I'm guessing the one I was on just filled up and it disconnected.

Interestingly the drone kept recording through the process.

Post the flight log...I can analyze at airdata.com and I think there are a couple of other sites that will provide better info as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis