Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Indoor hovering problem

Oderfla

Join
Jul 9, 2018
Loc
Barcelona
Hi guys, just something to share... I just tried to flight indoor in my work place to make a video of my office, and I tried to use the gesture flight mode, but... the Spark went to the ceiling almost immediately instead of hovering at 5 feet more or less, not obeying the gesture control and I’ve lost the propellers against the ceiling and the fire detectors... ha,ha,ha.. perhaps that happened because the carpet floor?
I don’t know but I got very scare of loosing my “Nomade”...
Cheers pilots!

Any other damage, except of the blades?
Nope, just the blades... I took it from the ceiling jumping at the same time, ha,ha,ha... it became crazy touching the ceiling and flying around, and only because it crashed against the fire detectors the blades were damaged, so it is a good idea to use the blades guards indoors... I just changed the blades for a new ones, and that’s all, next day I went to the forest, and I made a great video in a dry river... no problem at all.

English is not my mother language too, so I understand you very well. [emoji12]

Best idea is not fly indoors at all. You can use a camera or your phone to take a photo.

I am thinking of using propeller guards outdoors, if there are obstacles and I fly low.

Reactions: Oderfla
English is not my mother language too, so I understand you very well. [emoji12]

Best idea is not fly indoors at all. You can use a camera or your phone to take a photo.

I am thinking of using propeller guards outdoors, if there are obstacles and I fly low.
Yes but it makes the Spark a little big bigger in that case, and it isn’t so easier to carry.

You're right. I use the DJI fly more combo bag for carrying my Spark, and there's no room for guards.

But I have spark's and mavic's guards in a separate bag, always in the back of my car with some other plastic accessories.

Reactions: Oderfla

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502