Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Incoming call during flight

Asnil

Join
Jul 26, 2017
Hi guys, I am just wondering what'll happen when an incoming call comes during flight. Will ur control gets disconnected? Do u guys activate the"flight mode" on ur phone during the flight of the drone?

I don't know about iPhone but Android for years had multitasking and it will just switch to phone app and back again to DJI . I can turn off my screen and put it to pocket while it is tracking me.

Reactions: Asnil
I have used my phone display as I only fly with the controller and OTG cable. I have had phone calls, text messages, notifications, and emails all come while flying. I had no problems. Usually with the phone call, I'll just ignore it until I land. A text message, I might reply. All the other stuff can wait until I land as well. I'm on Android 7.0 as well and all current updates. My worst issue at the moment is app crashing.

Sent from my LG-M430 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

I have used my phone display as I only fly with the controller and OTG cable. I have had phone calls, text messages, notifications, and emails all come while flying. I had no problems. Usually with the phone call, I'll just ignore it until I land. A text message, I might reply. All the other stuff can wait until I land as well. I'm on Android 7.0 as well and all current updates. My worst issue at the moment is app crashing.

Sent from my LG-M430 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app
Considering an OTG cable as well. Any issues using the OTG cables after the new firmware update?

Airplane mode always for me.
It's a UAV that's airborne, calls and texts and Facespace crap can wait until I'm back safe on deck.
Anything RC airborne demands 100% attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronason
what'll happen when an incoming call comes during flight. Will ur control gets disconnected?
No. The Spark is controlled by the remote controller, so it doesn't matter if the DJI GO app goes to the background, it shuts down, your phone/tablet crashes, etc. In all cases, you will still be able to continue flying with the remote controller.

Reactions: Asnil
I've had calls, and the worst part is that the phone app always goes over top, even if just as the pop up notification. Not so good if you are flying by the screen.

Definitely suggest Airplane Mode just to be safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef