Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I lost video feed at about 500 ft out

Jangles

Join
Feb 20, 2018
I've taken my bird out 2000ft so far with no problems, however today I lost video at about 500' I read that the latest firmware killed the otg cable, I have not used mine yet, does anyone know if it can still be used with the latest firmware?

Hmm, don't know what to say. I use OTG with an iPhone 6+ without any issues. I power on RC, then Spark. Wait for the green light on RC, then open the GO4 app, the plug OTG into iPhone, then RC and it connects every time.

I have found that there is a sequence to how you connect otg with iOS. Otherwise it won’t connect. Here is what I do.
1- turn craft on first let it beep and do its thing.
2- turn on controller and let the flashing red light turn solid green.
3-plug in the otg cable and wait for the not supported message to come on and than click ok
4- open dji go4 app and you should be golden

Hope this helps. Any other way it won’t work for me.

Same and I posted this before. The OTG cable only works if you plug it into the Apple device first, and then to the controller.

What is the benefit of the OTG? I own one it came with my kit but two inches of WiFi between controller and remote wouldn’t seem to be a problem. Especially if not supported and you lose telemetry what is the benefit? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
What is the benefit of the OTG? I own one it came with my kit but two inches of WiFi between controller and remote wouldn’t seem to be a problem. Especially if not supported and you lose telemetry what is the benefit? Thanks in advance.

You only lose telemetry with Android. For iOS it works great. However, my iPhone worked great without OTG as well. The only reason I use OTG now is because it's quicker to get up and running. If I use wifi, for some reason the first time my iPhone never see's the remotes wifi and I have to turn off/on the remote, then the iPhone see's the remotes wifi. That was a pain so I now use OTG and it connects instantly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf