Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I got myself a Spark.

Mxh666

Join
Dec 17, 2017
I currently have a Phantom 3 Pro and a Mavic Pro Platinum.

I decided on Monday to add to the family and purchased the Spark (Meadow Green) Fly More Package.

I have been reading this forum for a week now and have read about problems updating and using a OTG cable.

I just want to say that updating, calibrating etc was painless. I found an old Samsung cable to use as a OTG and though why not try it to see if it worked.

I connected the cable then my Apple cable to the OTG and it worked straight away.

By the time I got home and updated it all, it was dark so did not have chance to fly it. I did start it up though. Funny, the Spark sounds liek a angry littl;e kid, whereas the Phantom sounds more manly.

Will hopefully be able to fly tonight to test it out. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Echoblue
Best wishes! I'm hoping to build up my UAV familia shortly, the spark is my first drone over $100 and I'm loving it!
As for the problems you've read about, 90% are user error, and the 10% on here that aren't only happen to <10% of the entire population using sparks, sorta like a lottery, except more people win than lose :)

Best wishes! I'm hoping to build up my UAV familia shortly, the spark is my first drone over $100 and I'm loving it!
As for the problems you've read about, 90% are user error, and the 10% on here that aren't only happen to <10% of the entire population using sparks, sorta like a lottery, except more people win than lose :)

So true. I was expecting some frustration, but it went perfectly. I am very happy with not only the Spark, but with the rest of my DJI products.

Reactions: Bubbles!!!
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Welcome! Yeah, I too as an experienced DJI owner, didn't have any problems with my Spark with the OTG cable, updating firmware, etc. I think you'll enjoy it. My Spark has actually become my "go to" drone due to its compact size. I take it with me just about everywhere. Believe it or not, my Mavic has become the drone that sits most of the time...

Welcome! Yeah, I too as an experienced DJI owner, didn't have any problems with my Spark with the OTG cable, updating firmware, etc. I think you'll enjoy it. My Spark has actually become my "go to" drone due to its compact size. I take it with me just about everywhere. Believe it or not, my Mavic has become the drone that sits most of the time...
Hey, if you're looking to pass it along to someone who will happily keep it dust free ;)

Yeah I purchased both the Platinum and Spark at the same time and I love both. Unfortunately. The OTG via Android issues is annoying as it does not give me the metrics (distance, height, etc)

I know this post is coming 3 months later but reading your comments pretty much confirms my goal to add a Spark to my Mavic Pro Platinum. I got the Tello for prompt launches just for a quick photo or look from on high but the little Tello, while a cutie and fun, isn't quite capable in any kind of breeze. The Spark, per all I've read here, is the quick throw-me-up drone that is always ready to go it seems. It really looks like it can be fun and the cost is more affordable now, even including the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar