Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I Bought DJI Googles for the Spark - NO FOCUS? Are they kidding?!?!?

mick92780

Join
Jul 17, 2017
$500USD for these bad boys, and I have to return them because they don't have the ability to focus. I am just gobsmacked. I have excellent vision; I don't wear prescription glasses, though I do need reading glasses, (I am 58 years old).

I am not a satisfied customer.

I don't know enough about optics manufacturing to pass judgement on DJI. Maybe it would have doubled the cost to make the Goggles if they included an ability to focus? I doubt it, but I don't know All I can say is that, for me, lack of focusing ability is a non-starter.

I paid $50 for a Google Cardboard headset and it came with focus capability, but for 10 times the money, DJI left that out.

Before this, I was using that Google Cardboard headset to fly the Spark FPV. I was really looking forward to the upgrade, but I guess I'll go back to using that solution.

I have heard of various workarounds using hyper magnified glasses. If it works for you, great. But when I spend that kind of dough on a product, I want it to work right out of the box. Is that asking too much?

I would be interested to hear your impressions of this issue, especially if you're in the know as to why this feature was not included.

Cheers.

I suspect the next version of the DJI Goggles will have this feature since it seems to be a very popular request. In the meantime, the Focus-Fixers seem to be the best workaround.

I am using 3D FPV by Visual Vertigo to fly FPV via Google Cardboard.

For goggles I use the Homido 1. It came with three cones to mount the eyepieces so that you could, (unlike the DJI Goggles,) fine-tune focus for normal sight, nearsightedness or farsightedness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh