Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How cold is to cold?

Reactions: The Editor
Specs state operating range of 32 deg F to 104 deg F. I have watched one youtube vid where the cooling fan was not happy after a flight in very cold temps (11 deg F) Just as in full sized aircraft, icing conditions can affect the drones. If that fan gets iced and stops it could ruin the drone' processor I would imagine.

Aviscomi ...your just a little north of me. I’ve flown my Spark at around 20 or until numbness set in..

i flew in 8-9 deg C... in thick fog. then the ultrasonic sensors going crazy. have to landed it then.

Specs state operating range of 32 deg F to 104 deg F. I have watched one youtube vid where the cooling fan was not happy after a flight in very cold temps (11 deg F) Just as in full sized aircraft, icing conditions can affect the drones. If that fan gets iced and stops it could ruin the drone' processor I would imagine.
Thank you!

Many people do not understand that icing can occur on the blade above freezing which will bring the aircraft down like a brick.

The relative humidity in the air coupled with the pressure drop between the upper and lower surface of the blades causes rapid cooling.
This is why you should not fly in fog!

32F - 104F is the manufacturers specified operating envelope. I do not operate outside these limits.

For me personally, 19F because I get too cold to stand outside....Has nothing to do with the drone...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef