Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

hey guys, what's up with spark

Mrmund

Join
Oct 28, 2017
hey guys, what's up with my spark?
So I live in Brooklyn and the weather has been crap! at least the last couple of weeks when I haven't had to work. It's super warm here today and supposed to hit 75F tomorrow so I'm going to head upstate to hike around in shorts and shoot some footage(did I mention it's February?)
I charged my batteries before I went out tonight, came back home and powered up my Spark just to check that I didn't need top update any firmware...
My AC connects to my RC, my RC connects to my tablet just like always, I can take off and fly around my parlor but the screen says "Weak transmission signal" Man they aren't kidding, it's almost unusable. The picture updates about once a minute. Now yes I'm in Brooklyn, surrounded by WIFI I know but I've flown around my apartment more hours then I'm proud of and it's never been like this. Ok maybe my Bluetooth speaker might be on or something but it's never acted like this before. The scary thing was when the tablet was sitting on my lap, picture frozen and I'm holding the controller and when I try to spin the AC around facing away from me to palm land, I push the joystick and it spins an inch or two and stops, doesn't responds and then spins an inch and stops and doesn't respond. Now mind you, it's two feet in front of me and I can grab it but what if it does this tomorrow on the mountain?
I've NEVER had this happen before. Did I miss something? Is there a problem with the firmware? I follow this forum pretty religiously but I haven't seen something like this. Any suggestions or a "heads up" about a new problem going around please hit me back.

As always, Fly Safe and be a good ambassador for our fellow pilots
Thanks guys

Reactions: Sparkster
So I live in Brooklyn and the weather has been crap! at least the last couple of weeks when I haven't had to work. It's super warm here today and supposed to hit 75F tomorrow so I'm going to head upstate to hike around in shorts and shoot some footage(did I mention it's February?)
I charged my batteries before I went out tonight, came back home and powered up my Spark just to check that I didn't need top update any firmware...
My AC connects to my RC, my RC connects to my tablet just like always, I can take off and fly around my parlor but the screen says "Weak transmission signal" Man they aren't kidding, it's almost unusable. The picture updates about once a minute. Now yes I'm in Brooklyn, surrounded by WIFI I know but I've flown around my apartment more hours then I'm proud of and it's never been like this. Ok maybe my Bluetooth speaker might be on or something but it's never acted like this before. The scary thing was when the tablet was sitting on my lap, picture frozen and I'm holding the controller and when I try to spin the AC around facing away from me to palm land, I push the joystick and it spins an inch or two and stops, doesn't responds and then spins an inch and stops and doesn't respond. Now mind you, it's two feet in front of me and I can grab it but what if it does this tomorrow on the mountain?
I've NEVER had this happen before. Did I miss something? Is there a problem with the firmware? I follow this forum pretty religiously but I haven't seen something like this. Any suggestions or a "heads up" about a new problem going around please hit me back.

Thanks guys
Sounds like obstacle avoidance is sensing something and keeping the Spark in place. It happens to me when I try flying in my small room in my house.

Reactions: Sparkster
Sounds like obstacle avoidance is sensing something and keeping the Spark in place. It happens to me when I try flying in my small room in my house.
I found that occasionally there is some sort of RF interference that will really impact the signal strength/stability of connection to the Spark.

Had a case a couple of weeks back that caused a total loss of connection at just 50m despite having checked WiFi channels etc for interference/congestion before TO.

Later found out there was a marine navigation radar operating about 800m from where I was flying and it was likely the cause of the interference.

If you're out in the sticks you should be [emoji108] as sources of RF interference should be few.

Thanks guys
I have been getting port signal and transmitting my video live for last couple weeks. I fly in high-rise buildings and water area, but can't get very far before these issues soon arise, even within line of site. Signal situation with DJI spark have not been overly happy with. I just ordered a range extender that I have reviewed and will post my experience and it's worthiness as soon as I receive and fly.

Yup, interference is your signal issue... I've had the same thing trying to boot up inside a steel house, with other wifi devices in close proximity, etc. Also, depending on the device youre using for your fpv feed, you can have major differences in link performance. Some will work great, some half-arsed, and others, well, forget about em. (Even using the exact same android version).

The movement issues seem like obstacle avoidance kicking in as others mentioned. If that is active, the spark will stop ~2ft from objects.

Have you read the manual btw? If not, its a good read... 2 or 3 times!

Last edited:
Reactions: suprPHREAK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast