Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help!!!

I have not experienced this myself but apparently Spark can get in trouble when the compass gets confused due to metal objects in its proximity.
The issue appears to be that if compass and GPS disagree GPS gets disabled and that then leads to unpredictable behaviour. The best I’ve seen.
Hope that helps.
Gotta say, that’s the best and most accurate way of describing this odd behaviour.
Great observation, not bad for an expert in crashing:)

This "confusion caused by metallic objects" is obviously the biggest challenge drone pilots face, hopefully DJI can up their technology and solve this one day soon.................

Reactions: Pasha
So very sorry to hear that. I totally agree with Desert Wind Aero. Only if needed. Compass shouldn’t be an issue, if calibrated more often. Were you able to hover in place at lower altitudes. Nothing peculiar happening? Your flight records should help you decipher. It very well could have been, no fault of your own.
Hate to see you have to flip the bill for another one. And even, be without one with how much you enjoyed it
Would using the remote instead of on-screen controls help his situation?

The controller really does put the Spark in a different leaque. If this was not the case. DJI wouldn’t be incuding it with the Basic package. Not a mistake on their part. But just another way to make their products safer for everyone. ...and then some.:)

I don’t think it’s a problem.
But the best test you can do is “ the hover in place.” Test, Bank right bank left, camera tilt, rotate on a stationary axis. Go up a bit, down a bit.
If it all feels right?
Then head on out.

I have never calibrated, unless told so. I have over 10 hours of flight time, and with the new update, and my Android, have trusted it in some high risk shots.
Yesterday I was on a cliff, with hot springs, and literally had no room, other than hand takeoff, and hand land. It was kind of a rush.

I have never calibrated, unless told so. I have over 10 hours of flight time, and with the new update, and my Android, have trusted it in some high risk shots.
Yesterday I was on a cliff, with hot springs, and literally had no room, other than hand takeoff, and hand land. It was kind of a rush.
****! Would love to see that footage. Sounds like a great flight!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis