Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello, just checking in from the UK!

John Dwyer

Join
Jul 20, 2017
Hello guys, just thought I'd emerge from the depths of lurking in the background and check in on ya!

A whole weeks wait now and my back ordered spark should be with me, I must admit I'm a bit nervous at the second, forums and Arsebook seem to be awash with spark fails at the second, but I guess you always hear far more negatives than positives, so I guess I will just fly the **** thing and worry about problems as they happen!

Anyway, although the spark will be new to me, being a UAV pilot isn't, I previously built a rather tasty F450, complete with all the trimmings which I have stripped and sold up to fund the spark, (I feel a racer quad build coming on mwahahahaha) so I am craftless at the second.

So, set to arrive is the checklist, iPad Air 2 mount, gimbal protector for storage, dBrand skin ordered, OTG adaptor and right angled lightning cable and a hard case. I think that's all the main bases covered, am I missing any spark related essential paraphernalia?

Right, off to have a poo whilst reading the downloaded manual!
Laters

Sorry to disappoint, but dbrand just cancelled my pre-order of their skin kit with the explanation of:

"dbrand prides itself in offering the very best customer experience in the industry, and shipping you anything that doesn't deliver on that expectation isn't an option. Simply put, the lack of alignment references on the Spark itself make the installation process a frustrating one, and achieving the perfect "dbrand fit" impossible. "

BTW - Welcome to SparkPilots.

I think I have it all covered except for some camera filters, do they really make a difference?
They can be helpful if you're trying to capture cinematic footage or are flying over reflective surfaces (e.g. water). This post over at Phantom Pilots explains this in more detail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502