Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Forcing 2.4Ghz in Europe using Fake GPS

Nickyd

Join
Feb 24, 2018
I have used fake GPS to enable the FCC wifi capability to include 2.4GHz.

Galaxy S8, No OTG cable.

When I power up the system I can see Wifi chaneels 1 to 11 plus some additional channels like 149 etc. Most channels show a good green signal strength.

In my status I see that 5.8GHz is selected.

To switch to 2.4 GHz I select Manual rather than auto connection, then select one of the channels from 1 to 11. (Is this correct?)

The system now tells me that wifi will reset in order to make the change.

After the reset I now see 2.4 GHz in the status, however all the wifi channel signal bars show red. This is strange as they were green before I selected the 2.4GHz channel.

Any thoughts please.

I really dont want to go the route of loading the moded software.
I dont want to use OTG cable either.

Thanks!

Are you in city ? Most of dolestic WiFi are 2.4ghz so it is normal to see red bars beqcquse of the saturation of the WiFi channels

Changing the wifi band in .0900 fw seem not working properly, it'll revert back to 5.8g after restart...you need to downgrade to .0700 fw for full control wifi channel and band

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not in a city.

I think I'm going to use the modded software to resolve this after all.

The color of the bars represents the saturation of the wifi channel. So my guess is once you select a particular channel, this channel becomes busy thus becomes red. And since the frequencies between channel are close to each other, this probably create interferences on other channels which could turn red too.
But you don't have to worry about that.

Also according to DJI specs, in FCC mode, the range is quite the same in 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz bands, so you probably to have to bother to force 2.4GHz

Perfect. Will leave it on auto then.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis