Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying near active lighthouse- WiFi interference ?

DavidBlezard

Join
Jan 26, 2019
I was trying to get some pics and video of a light house. I was within 700 feet approximately and video cut out then the signal dropped. Lucky RTH worked. Signal and video came back within 15 seconds when RTH was in process. Any experience with interference anybody ?

Yes I’ve always read that you should avoid ships and lighthouses because of interference. I’ve flown within feet of Great Beds Lighthouse in NJ and had no problems . I’ve also flown above ships and tugs in the bay.. I’m always prepared .. but so far few issues.

ONLY time I lost signal with phantom 3 and spark was near a train bridge in the bay..

With phantom I had a communications time out error and rth took probably a minute before it kicked in?

Spark is much more susceptible to interference.. if you want to have no issues and far you need Mavic 2.. occusync

Although I just heard (it was loud)someone crash into a house last night with Mavic 2. Magnetic interference/compass error/windy/little experience .. amazingly all that got damaged were props.. the camera and body are fine not even scratched ...

I am thankful my first drone was used phantom 3 pro.. I was real careful and experienced all sorts of errors mostly caused by interference.

The Bolt Bee I purchased turned out to a fantastic buy to learn how to fly with no positioning or GPS..

So far so good no crashes for me... also around many obstacles it’s better to stay higher so you have time and space to try to recover from any flight emergencies ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef