Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying manoeuvres presets

J997654-uk

Join
Mar 31, 2019
Loc
Europe
How cool would it be to have flying manoeuvres presets to execute via DJI Go 4 app? Examples:

1. Set up a speed with one button and move straight ahead (until cancelled)
2. Execute 90 degrees turn right (or left) with constant speed
3. Climb up in the steady rate of X ft/s

Etc. etc. It should be in the form of quick buttons that could be defined by the users.
This would make our footage really smooth without relaying on the manual control.

Or does it exist in a form of some app already?

How cool would it be to have flying manoeuvres presets to execute via DJI Go 4 app? Examples:

1. Set up a speed with one button and move straight ahead (until cancelled)
2. Execute 90 degrees turn right (or left) with constant speed
3. Climb up in the steady rate of X ft/s

Etc. etc. It should be in the form of quick buttons that could be defined by the users.
This would make our footage really smooth without relaying on the manual control.

Or does it exist in a form of some app already?

For each of the 3 maneuvers you request you are only moving one stick at a time.

DJI has provided intelligent modes for more complex maneuvers with simultaneous ascend/descend, forward/back, pan/yaw and camera tilt.

They expect you to learn the simpler moves manually -- that's the skill and the fun part after all. You don't think so?

I agree but sometimes holding the sticks in exactly the same position could be challenging. Still would like to have presets ;)

I agree but sometimes holding the sticks in exactly the same position could be challenging. Still would like to have presets ;)

Have you looked into the Litchi app?

It allows you preset controls similar (but not exactly) to what you are requesting. You can fly entire waypoint missions and program arcs of turns, tilt of camera, focused points of interest, altitude, etc.

It's current the closest thing to what you are describing. Take a look.

Reactions: Spark 317
Have you looked into the Litchi app?

It allows you preset controls similar (but not exactly) to what you are requesting. You can fly entire waypoint missions and program arcs of turns, tilt of camera, focused points of interest, altitude, etc.

It's current the closest thing to what you are describing. Take a look.

Yes, I have seen it and it looks very good. However I find it challenging to assess the height of the trees etc just by looking at the satellite maps or StreetView. Maybe some developers will add this feature to the their app soon ;)

Reactions: Andre Levite
Yes, I have seen it and it looks very good. However I find it challenging to assess the height of the trees etc just by looking at the satellite maps or StreetView. Maybe some developers will add this feature to the their app soon ;)

You want them to include the tree heights on Google Map Street View?!? And they update it in real time as the trees grow?

Now it really feels like April 1st :p
That's awesome

Reactions: Spark 317
In Litchi you can always pause the mission with the red pause key on the control if you are getting near to trees. I have to say that trees are my nemesis, so I always make sure to be watching very carefully if sparky is anywhere trees. So if you set up a mission, run it and see you are near trees just hit pause and that gives you time to cancel the mission and land safely without having to make a split second decision and drive sparky into a tree by mistake.

In Litchi you can always pause the mission with the red pause key on the control if you are getting near to trees. I have to say that trees are my nemesis, so I always make sure to be watching very carefully if sparky is anywhere trees. So if you set up a mission, run it and see you are near trees just hit pause and that gives you time to cancel the mission and land safely without having to make a split second decision and drive sparky into a tree by mistake.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef