Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

'Fly More' or Just buy the bits?

c.grex

Join
Oct 8, 2017
I'm looking a buying a spark and wondered how many people buy the fly more combo or buying the spark and bits you need?

I can save around £180 buy just buying the spark on it's own. A Battery and Controller is £110. are the props, guards, case and charger worth the extra £70?
I think I'd buy another case anyway.

what's peoples thoughts?

are the props, guards, case and charger worth the extra £70?
It's only worth it if you're going to use all of those items. Otherwise, you should be able to save a little bit of money by buying everything you need separately.

The battery charging hub is convenient since you don't have to swap the batteries on the battery charger as each battery charges. Also, it can charge multiple batteries (and the remote controller) at the same time.

I rarely use my prop guards. I think they would be most useful for flying indoors (which can be sketchy). If you're going to do a lot of flying with the gesture controls, you might want to use them for safety.

The DJI shoulder bag is a nice lightweight option to carry around your Spark. If you don't like shoulder bags or want something that offers more protection, then check out the Go Professional case (this is what I usually use) or the less expensive compact version. You can find some other commonly used Spark cases here.

Buy the fly more. You need the charger, or you can only charge one battery at a time and have to use the Spark to charge.

Might as well get the fly more combo.

If you don't, you'll wish you did.

The Spark is so much fun to fly and "look around" your area, wherever that may be.

I bought the stand alone Spark considering that using my cell phone and gestures would be more than sufficient, but it only took me two days to realize that was a mistake and that the controller was a must have. Don´t use the prop guards but do have now three batteries so the charging hub was also convenient to have. You´ll save money by buying the fly more combo. Enjoy!!

I bought the fly more combo but I don't like the fly more case so I've left it in the cupboard unused. I instead baught a camera case along with a spark only case. All my bits from spark, controller, batteries to which I have 8,all fit snug in my new case along with my old galaxy s6 plus phone. Sorted

Think I'll go with the fly more.
I may even stick the bag on eBay, they seem to sell.

I just got 10% off a Fly More combo on eBay. It took over $100 off the price which was already a good deal.

Turned out almost as cheap as some stores around here charge for the stand alone Spark. I couldn't pass it up at the price.

Only downside is they only had red ones.

Here in the UK it is crazy what people pay for the Flymore on eBay used. I’ve managed to find a store selling new for more or less the same price.

The perfect case for the fly more package is here for a paltry $22.55:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073M2KH1B/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd never fly my spark with just a smartphone... they're just too inherently flaky for my comfort. Best way to lose a spark i hear also. Don't forget to get some insurance too! State Farm covered both my Spark and P3S at $750 each for $30 each per year. Coverage for *anything* that could possibly happen... i think they're nuts! Well worth it imho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502