Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First sunset / night photo attempt with the spark

Great first attempt! I rather like how the sports field (what is that, paintball?) is an island in the darkness.

Is this unedited, right from the drone?

What you are finding is that in order to get the colours of the sunset, you are losing detail in the foreground. I tried editing the pic, and there is just nothing there. Not your fault! Just a limitation in a sensor with a narrow dynamic range.

To help boost dynamic range, consider shooting an HDR image. There are two ways to do this:

-In camera: choose HDR mode and it will snap 3 different exposures and layer them to get more range. This is quick and dirty, but gets the job done.

-Bracketed mode: almost the same as HDR, but it lets you take the 3 exposures and process it manually in a photo editor later. This gives you more control.

Keep up the great work! I love low light pics!

Reactions: DroneDan
Great first attempt! I rather like how the sports field (what is that, paintball?) is an island in the darkness.

Is this unedited, right from the drone?

What you are finding is that in order to get the colours of the sunset, you are losing detail in the foreground. I tried editing the pic, and there is just nothing there. Not your fault! Just a limitation in a sensor with a narrow dynamic range.

To help boost dynamic range, consider shooting an HDR image. There are two ways to do this:

-In camera: choose HDR mode and it will snap 3 different exposures and layer them to get more range. This is quick and dirty, but gets the job done.

-Bracketed mode: almost the same as HDR, but it lets you take the 3 exposures and process it manually in a photo editor later. This gives you more control.

Keep up the great work! I love low light pics!

I appreciate the feedback and the tips. I have zero experience with photography. The photo is raw from the drone. The photos were not coming out very well in "auto" mode and I attempted adjusting the exposure/shutter speed manually for this photo.

I appreciate the feedback and the tips. I have zero experience with photography. The photo is raw from the drone. The photos were not coming out very well in "auto" mode and I attempted adjusting the exposure/shutter speed manually for this photo.

You have a gift sir - keep it up!!!!!
OUTSTANDING job!!!

I don't think there is an HDR mode on the spark. I'm only aware of the bracketed mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis