Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FHS Class of 2018 Graduation - June 1, 2018

NICE JOB:)
My wife & I love the Hill Country. We always go wine tasting in the hill country on the way Austin to visit my son. Though I have some questions.
1) did you have to get permission from the school to fly and take video?
2) was that clip from a sparky?

Reactions: pmshop
NICE JOB:)
My wife & I love the Hill Country. We always go wine tasting in the hill country on the way Austin to visit my son. Though I have some questions.
1) did you have to get permission from the school to fly and take video?
2) was that clip from a sparky?

Actually three things I had to do,
1) Let the Gillespie Co Airport know I was going up since I was within 3 miles.
2) Check to see if there was any expected traffic with Hill Country Memorial helipad (only 700 feet away) and let them know how long I was going to be up and if something was inbound to give me a call with ETA so I could ground myself.
3) Enjoy myself as I am the school district courier :)

Been flying for the school for about 18 months now.
Started as getting drone video of the recently completed construction bond.
I would video and make a presentation to the school board so they could see the progress instead of walking around the site with hard hats.

Then get aerial shots for their websites & Facebook page...inspect roofs...capture new shots of the improved grounds for security planning...special events at the individual campuses...etc...

Lots of fun out here!

The video was shot entirely with the Spark.
Closing shot was using an iPhone app "Autopilot" that sends out pre-programmed commands by Wi-Fi from the iPhone to the controller and the controller sends the commands to the spark.
The command is called orbit.
I was up 125 feet and circling 350 feet from the center "F" on the 50 yd line.
Camera focused on the same and pointed roughly as if something 50 feet was on the center .

I’ve been debating about getting autopilot since is a bit expensive for an app. I will probably spring for it now that I know now it has an orbit function. I’m annoyed that DJI didn’t give the Spark Point of Interest

Reactions: pmshop
I’ve been debating about getting autopilot since is a bit expensive for an app. I will probably spring for it now that I know now it has an orbit function. I’m annoyed that DJI didn’t give the Spark Point of Interest

Reminder - you need to be within RC controller range for automated missions to work.
The phone is the computer sending the Spark commands through the RC controller.

It is not like Arducopter based PixHawk flight controllers where you program and set the loss of radio failsafe to "continue mission". The Spark (or any DJI product) needs to be in range to receive those commands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni