Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FAA rules should have some exceptions

Shadowboricua

Join
Jan 18, 2018
Why would it matter if I fly my drone between 50-100 feet altitude in my backyard or at a playground even if I was about 3 miles from an airport. I live 4.8 miles from a heliport, why should I be worried about flying below 200 and have to call the heliport tower. I've never even seen a helicopter around here.

There should be more specific about altitude. If I just want to fly low to capture videos of my kids, I shouldn't be worried about breaking any rules.

Because some people are just stupid, and will fly where they want.

The rules are in place so they have someone to be held responsible should the unthinkable happen. I don't agree with some of the draconian policies, but they fear what they don't understand. Not to mention there is always "that one guy" who will not give one iota and fly with the "my drone, my rules" mentality and further stigmatize an already over-regulated hobby. We ALL want to do what you desire, in the comfort of our own backyards and parks. But, until we have a proper understanding of the technology in places where policies are decided, this will not change anytime soon. Then compound that globally as well...

"That one guy" will always be there regardless how strict the laws are. We have to limit everyone is the only answer some people can come up with. Personally I think "that one guy" should be punished and have reasonable regulations for everyone else.

Reactions: Shadowboricua
"That one guy" will always be there regardless how strict the laws are. We have to limit everyone is the only answer some people can come up with. Personally I think "that one guy" should be punished and have reasonable regulations for everyone else.
Agreed. Couldn't have said it better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef