Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Don’t fly your drone in Atti

Andrewclark

Join
Jun 9, 2018
i would not recommend EVER FLYING THE DRONE IN ATTI MODE. wrecked mine and now the videos are always glitchy,skipping and won’t download to my phone. Think I’m gonna leave dji products after this. Good luck

EDIT: pulled the sd card up on the computer and videos work fine. anyone know why the dji app works so awful? any one else having playback issues with the app. live video on phone while flying is sooooo awful and glitchy!!! anyone else ??

You cannot choose to fly in ATTI mode (unless you are indoor). Sometimes the drone just loses GPS connection and/or has compass interference and you are forced to fly it in ATTI mode. Anyway, if you have enough space and time to think you can successfully fly and land it even in ATTI mode, it will drift with the wind but if you account for this then you can do it.

i would not recommend EVER FLYING THE DRONE IN ATTI MODE. wrecked mine and now the videos are always glitchy,skipping and won’t download to my phone. Think I’m gonna leave dji products after this. Good luck
Actually, the phantom series of DJI drones has attitude mode as a selection - P-mode (GPS mode), Sport mode, and Atti mode.
Atti mode always maintains the same altitude unless you alter with the left stick up/down. Therefore, the right stick is the preferred stick while in atti mode, and the left stick primarily yaw left/right.
I missed the option of atti mode, so through research I learned to change Spark' sport mode to be atti mode. So, when I want to fly in atti mode, I raise the drone to a height above all nearby objects and switch from GPS to atti mode. The monitor reads "atti mode" through the full flight/battery.
Atti mode can achieve speeds of 45 mph for Spark (camera shakes more), and the yaw is much smoother without that bizarre FPV yaw while in sport mode.
When the firmware is re-configured to eliminate sport mode and instead become atti mode the unpredictability of atti mode disappears, and becomes a whole new drone.
I love it, and would never switch back to sport mode.

Reactions: Rizosplayz
You cannot choose to fly in ATTI mode (unless you are indoor). Sometimes the drone just loses GPS connection and/or has compass interference and you are forced to fly it in ATTI mode. Anyway, if you have enough space and time to think you can successfully fly and land it even in ATTI mode, it will drift with the wind but if you account for this then you can do it.
Ya I’m guessing the wind and it being night time all played a part. I know it’s my fault why it hit a window. It just seemed to go super crazy. I’m glad it still works after the crash haha.

So, when I want to fly in atti mode, I raise the drone to a height above all nearby objects and switch from GPS to atti mode. The monitor reads "atti mode" through the full flight/battery.
Atti mode can achieve speeds of 45 mph for Spark (camera shakes more), and the yaw is much smoother without that bizarre FPV yaw while in sport mode.
When the firmware is re-configured to eliminate sport mode and instead become atti mode the unpredictability of atti mode disappears, and becomes a whole new drone.
I love it, and would never switch back to sport mode.

Ηow can i do it? Explain it please!

For anyone interested in learning how to configure the Spark firmware to access Atti mode, PM me, and I'll reply with the instructions.
You need to realize that Atti mode is a completely different mode than you are used to. If you fly forward, and let go of the right stick, your drone will continue flying forward until it runs out of momentum. I would advise that you access Atti mode, and turn the stick sensitivity down until you understand the difference.
Also, I strongly recommend that you get the drone to an altitude above all obstacles. Once up there, Spark will maintain that altitude, so you don't have to worry about it dive bombing into something.
However, if you elect to make these changes, you do so at your own risk.
The changes are harmless to your drone (Spark) These are all options that DJI as elected to restrict given the target market being chiefly new pilots. However, the Phantom 3 Standard has Atti mode as a selection, and it's target market is new pilots.
If you make these changes and don't like atti mode, you simply change the firmware back to Sport mode.
If you are flying in Atti mode, and freak out, just move the 'Sport' mode (now atti mode) switch back to non Sport, or GPS mode, and the Spark will come to a sudden stop and be governed by P mode (GPS mode).

This requires a firmware modification right? I like it but I'm a bit worried this will invalidate the warranty..
I don't know, i just changed a value inside DJI assistant's software and that's it. Simpler than i was thinking at the first place.

Before I went out and purchased that Spark , I picked up smaller cheap drones and learned how to fly line-of-sight with no GPS.
I think that this is something everyone should do to learn and get some experience.
It's imperative to know how to fly line of sight. (*and fun as well !)

For anyone interested in learning how to configure the Spark firmware to access Atti mode, PM me, and I'll reply with the instructions.
You need to realize that Atti mode is a completely different mode than you are used to. If you fly forward, and let go of the right stick, your drone will continue flying forward until it runs out of momentum. I would advise that you access Atti mode, and turn the stick sensitivity down until you understand the difference.
Also, I strongly recommend that you get the drone to an altitude above all obstacles. Once up there, Spark will maintain that altitude, so you don't have to worry about it dive bombing into something.
However, if you elect to make these changes, you do so at your own risk.
The changes are harmless to your drone (Spark) These are all options that DJI as elected to restrict given the target market being chiefly new pilots. However, the Phantom 3 Standard has Atti mode as a selection, and it's target market is new pilots.
If you make these changes and don't like atti mode, you simply change the firmware back to Sport mode.
If you are flying in Atti mode, and freak out, just move the 'Sport' mode (now atti mode) switch back to non Sport, or GPS mode, and the Spark will come to a sudden stop and be governed by P mode (GPS mode).

So which is the parameter / parameters that needs to be changed in Assistant 2?

Sure, learning to fly in atti mode is one (good) thing and in order to fly line of sight you really dont need a gps. I love my Tello.

But, usually (not that often hopefully:))) if i get into atti mode with spark, it's when everything else goes wrong like: strong wind, loss of LOS, no gps meaning no map and no RTH, poor video feed back. Just getting height and praying for gps to come back.

Before I went out and purchased that Spark , I picked up smaller cheap drones and learned how to fly line-of-sight with no GPS.
I think that this is something everyone should do to learn and get some experience.
It's imperative to know how to fly line of sight. (*and fun as well !)
My thoughts exactly it would save a lot of heartache and it's the right way to learn how to fly.

Reactions: Tiller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh