Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does Spark operate in RC mode?

Dennis Bucklin

Join
May 25, 2018
The Mavic Pro Platinum operates in RC with Occusync. Wondering if anyone out there knows if the Spark operates in RC or WIFI mode. If the Spark does, how it RC mode activated? Thank you in advance.

Why are you concerned? In most circumstance Spark has good range and video reception.
To get the best range from your TX always have the antennas at 90° to the aircraft, ie in most cases vertical.

Why are you concerned? In most circumstance Spark has good range and video reception.
To get the best range from your TX always have the antennas at 90° to the aircraft, ie in most cases vertical.
Not concerned. However, having to have a wifi connection is somewhat restrictive and maybe more costly depending on what data plan you have for your phone or tablet. That said, I like the Spark a lot. I also own a Mavic Pro Platinum that can work from RC mode which is not wifi dependent, which is what led me to ask the question about the Spark.

Not concerned. However, having to have a wifi connection is somewhat restrictive and maybe more costly depending on what data plan you have for your phone or tablet. That said, I like the Spark a lot. I also own a Mavic Pro Platinum that can work from RC mode which is not wifi dependent, which is what led me to ask the question about the Spark.

The wifi connection between Spark and the remote controller should not affect your data plan. It is a LAN with private ip addresses - no direct access to the internet.
The remote controller & tablet are also connected via wifi (LAN), but on different a frequency to the Spark wifi.

A connection to the internet with the phone/tablet will be required to initially log into DJI Go & download maps. This could be wifi or mobile data. Once logged into DJI Go etc, mobile data can be turned off (or select airplane mode).

Even if Spark was connected to the remote controller the same as a Mavic Pro Platinum, the scenario would be similar. It's simply a 'private LAN' regardless of the method used to connect. The phone/tablet still has mobile data access to the internet either way.

I hope that makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef