Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Speed

happyguardian

Join
May 18, 2018
Hi I only manage to fly at 10km/h with the remote. I am not in beginners mode but obtacle avoidance is on. Is there a way to increase the flying speed to say 20km/h without going into sports mode? Do I need to turn off obstacle avoidance or configure the RX sticks to be more sensitive?

Hi I only manage to fly at 10km/h with the remote. I am not in beginners mode but obtacle avoidance is on. Is there a way to increase the flying speed to say 20km/h without going into sports mode? Do I need to turn off obstacle avoidance or configure the RX sticks to be more sensitive?

Is your speed slider at the maximum?

June 10, 2018 102647 AM EDT.jpg

Do a test flight and turn the OA OFF.

I think that'll increase the speed as well since it's depending on you to not crash.

Hi...Spark has 4 speed ranges, not considering the stick sensitivity slider, which lowers Spark speed as well as reducing reaction time of moving the sticks
1) Tripod mode - 0 to 2.2 mph
2) GPS mode obstacle avoidance (OA) ON 0 to 6.X mph
3) GPS mode OA OFF 0 to 13.X mph
4) Sport Mode 0 to 30 mph

The stick sensitivity slider will reduce all except Tripod mode (I think). It would be nice if the stick sensitivity slider reduced Tripod top speed to 1.1 mph because that is the speed DJI uses for Circle, and Point of Interest (other drones not Spark)

Generally, I need 10 mph for every 100 feet of altitude for the video to not be too slow. It's already painfully slow. So, OA ON max altitude may be best at 65 feet, OA OFF max altitude may be best at 130 feet. Sport mode 300 feet at max speed, 200 feet at 20 mph etc... This is just my observation. Personal preference will differ.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Thanks that's a great answer. I turned obstacle avoidance off and it reached expected speed of 13mph. Don't really need obstacle avpiavoid around the neighborhood.

I made a YouTube video on this exact topic. Please check it out if you get a chance.
Dji Spark Max Speed Settings! How to get smoother footage to reduce editing time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard