Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji Spark Prop guards

nissan6341

Join
Nov 30, 2018
Does anyone know if they make prop guards where you do not have to remove the props to install the guards every time. The reason I'm looking and trying to find out if they make them is because I don't want to have to remove them and install them every time I take the unit out of my carrying case, the reason I'm looking for these is that was told it was not a good idea to remove and install the props a lot because it would eventually wear them out and cause damage to the unit

Does anyone know if they make prop guards where you do not have to remove the props to install the guards every time. The reason I'm looking and trying to find out if they make them is because I don't want to have to remove them and install them every time I take the unit out of my carrying case, the reason I'm looking for these is that was told it was not a good idea to remove and install the props a lot because it would eventually wear them out and cause damage to the unit

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, nissan6341.

The DJI stock prop guards allow you to install / remove without taking off the props.

They attach on the bottom of the motors / arms and latch into place.

Like the props, they are designed to fit on the particular motors.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: nissan6341

I try to avoid taking props on and off. Even with experience is pretty easy to have them fail to lock. I've seen them sent off like bullets on next take off after that. Would hate to see that happen mid-flight.

But stock guards snap on with props still in place so no worries there!

Prop guards are worth using for first few months while you get comfortable with controls. I still use them when flying around trees or close to other structures. You just bump off harmlessly instead of crash.

I got these after-market guards because they have folding landing gear that gets Spark off the ground a few inches...

Prop guards with foldable landing gear

Keeps it out of the dirt and long grass. Eventually you may prefer hand landing

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar