Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji Spark "Atti Mode" notification during flight

Gareth

Join
Feb 13, 2018
Hi All,

Often when I am out flying my Spark, I get a prompt of "Atti Mode", now I know this is due to a loss of GPS.

I never take off without GPS lock and home point updated and where I hear "Atti Mode" I immediately look down to the screen to check what is going on and see that "GPS mode" and the green bars are still there or have returned.

Does anyone else experience a quick temporary "Atti Mode" notification but then GPS is back a second later?

Is this just a quick temporary drop in GPS signal which causes the prompt? Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I have using an S8 with RC.

I use an ipod 6, I’ve only experienced it when trying to take off when under tree cover. Not yet seen it in flight. Knock on wood.

I would recommend to do a compass calibration, before the next flight. It might help. Did it occurred when you were flying in the same location? Maybe there are interferences in the zone you are flying.

It happens almost every flight I take. Doesn't act weirdly or do anything funny, no warnings on the controller or anything. Just the prompt but when ever I look down it's back in GPS mode

Had this numerous times, and after some investigation, I figured out what part of the problem was.
First time, I was on a golf course and only after the issues and quickly returning home, did I realise that there were cell phone antenna on either side of the course.
Being who I am, I did a few more flights and found that the issues on persisted between these antenna.
Then I was flying on another golf course in the middle of nowhere, and picked up the same issue.
Turned out I didn't factor in the railway lines running either side of it with multiple high voltage lines.
Didn't do a second test as I almost had a flyaway.
My suggestion is to check your environment for cell phone masts, high voltage lines, and anything else which could kill your compass.

Will do!

Just not sure if it is anything to be worried about? As it never changes on the screen of my phone?

So from what I understand if I look down and see it has already corrected itself back into GPS then I can carry on flying? It prompts me for like a second, never does it change on the screen to atti mode otherwise I would land straight away. Seems to be a milly second drop in GPS and then it relocks. Usually have between 13-18 satellites

Not too sure then.
Mine were complete loss of signal and atti mode.
Rth ended working in all instances.

Mines doesn't do that at all or loose any signal. Just the voice prompt and when I check the device all is perfect in terms of signal and GPS lock in green.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis