Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Goggles and Spark. What? NO HD options!

Fantomas

Join
Jun 20, 2017
There is no HD options on the DJI Goggles for the Spark. :(

DJI Goggles are 1920x1080 per eye BUT we can only get 720p when connected to the DJI Spark.
At 720p the viewing experience is less than optimal. Everything looks a bit blurry.
I can get a better resolution display using my old Headplay connected to my Nvidia Shield tablet.

Why should we pay big bucks if we cannot get full HD viewing mode?

Also, no focusing ring is another big issue for guy like me.

Hey DJI are you working on the HD options for the Spark?

That's all you'll get with standard WiFi. The bandwidth is already pretty much too low to pass clean 720p through as you can see.

To get full HD in the goggles you need something a bit more capable than the little spark.

That's all you'll get with standard WiFi. The bandwidth is already pretty much too low to pass clean 720p through as you can see.

To get full HD in the goggles you need something a bit more capable than the little spark.

The DJI Goggles is not connected thru WiFi to the DJI Spark, it's connected using an OTG-USB cable. So we should be able to get something better that 720p...

It's WiFi between Spark and RC, and that's what's limiting.

Try a Mavic, you'll see the world of difference its proprietary transmission makes...

Reactions: Advexure

Try a Mavic, you'll see the world of difference its proprietary transmission makes...

To expensive and TOO big. :-(

BTW, I tested my Spark with a Nvidia Shield and an Headplay goggles connected using HDMI and the video is much better than using the DJI Googles.
DJI should be able to do something about that.

Correct for proprietary transmission make a big difference but the main issue is the wifi link between Spark and RC where the distance is long and signal level challenging. That's clear that a second wifi connection cannot improve the quality nor the lag but its impact in comparison should be low.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast