Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji go4 app at it again

Faithley

Join
Dec 20, 2017
Does anyone else have issues with the dji go4 app on Android marshmallow 6.0.1

After I updated the app it crashes when the drone connects to the phone via wifi, the app stays on when the drone is not connected. I had the same issue with previously with an update

Have you tried, just to uninstall go4, and install it again? (Don't forget to sync your flight logs before uninstalling).

Also, you can install an older version, that worked without issues.

How do I install a older version. Or rather the previous one

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

I just went to a metro area for a few days and when I tried to fly I had those issues of the app closing, the drone message saying "disconnected" but the sticks still controlled it with no video. It scared me so I stayed very low and only vertical to get a few photos. I also knew there was a lot of WiFi around from all those houses around a lake. HOWEVER, when I connected my controller to my phone with a cable, all those symptoms stopped. I had a secure stable connection then. If you have an explanation for that please elaborate.

My spark is not responding to stick ...did IMU ,,,compass , can calibrated sticks .no warnings of any kind

My spark is not responding to stick ...did IMU ,,,compass , can calibrated sticks .no warnings of any kind
Did your AC just hoover in place and 20 or so seconds later it landed itself? I could still see the live feed from the drones camera but I couldn't control the movements, that tells me that wifi didn't disconnect its like hitting a pause button by mistake and not knowing how to turn it off. I've heard that there's a pause button on the remote though. I don't have a remote I use the phone to control it.

I just went to a metro area for a few days and when I tried to fly I had those issues of the app closing, the drone message saying "disconnected" but the sticks still controlled it with no video. It scared me so I stayed very low and only vertical to get a few photos. I also knew there was a lot of WiFi around from all those houses around a lake. HOWEVER, when I connected my controller to my phone with a cable, all those symptoms stopped. I had a secure stable connection then. If you have an explanation for that please elaborate.
After the last update 2 days ago my ac also says lost comunication, even when it was only a few feet away. The RC still controlled fine but the video was frozen and b&w. I think the com that it speaks of is between the RC and the phone, which explains why the cable solved the problem. I prefer WiFi but will try cable. Previous to that last update, I never had a problem

Yes it did that 3 times. the last time it went to 140 feet and came down fast with full stick up.

I contacted DJI and asked them for assistance with my problem, this is the reply.

Hi Faithleyadenorff,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We're very sorry to know the unfortunate experience you've had with DJI. Definitely, that's not the kind of experience we would like for you to have. However, rest assured that we will provide our best possible support.

Does your spark drone had a crash incident before?

Let us go ahead and attempt to resolve this by following these steps:

> Here's a useful link How to Update the DJI Spark's Firmware with DJI Assistant 2
> You may download the DJI assistant 2 thru our website: SPARK DOWNLOADS

You may also uninstall and reinstallagain your DJI GO 4 app. There might be an issue as well with the DJI GO 4 app.

You may also consider to check if your mobile phone are part of the recommended device. It might be one of the reason you encounter transmission issue between your drone and remote control or the DJI GO 4 app has an issue.

We are hoping that we assist you well today. If you need any further information/assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Best Regards,

Jerome L.
DJI Customer Support

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

No ...I think it may be a problem with OTG cable ...have not yet tried without because aircraft seems to be completely out of control.

This problem sucks, I'm imagining it's over water or it decides to land in the yard of someone who is not drone friendly

No ...I think it may be a problem with OTG cable ...have not yet tried without because aircraft seems to be completely out of control.
Did you try to reset firmware, and fresh install go4?

Of course first do the easy job. Fly without a cable, or with another cable.

Reactions: larz
This problem sucks, I'm imagining it's over water or it decides to land in the yard of someone who is not drone friendly

Be sure to use an 'approved' and tested device
I think it's widely known that iOS works best with with DJI Go 4
Your phone is a Huawei G8, which is not supported and the octo-core 1.5 is pretty outdated for the processing that DJI Go 4 requires.

BTW, as DJI pushes updates, the approved list is changing. Whereas the IPAD mini3 and iPhone 5s use to be on the 'approved' list...they are no longer.

Which phone are you using?

APPROVED LIST
iOS V4.3.3
Requires iOS 9.0 or above.
Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.2
Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T

Be sure to use an 'approved' and tested device
I think it's widely known that iOS works best with with DJI Go 4
Your phone is a Huawei G8, which is not supported and the octo-core 1.5 is pretty outdated for the processing that DJI Go 4 requires.

BTW, as DJI pushes updates, the approved list is changing. Whereas the IPAD mini3 and iPhone 5s use to be on the 'approved' list...they are no longer.
I've never had this problem before it came after the last firmware update. The dji go4 app never gave any of the problems os those whose app crashed while flying.

I've tested my drone on various devices including a friends remote with and without a otg cable, and with some of those recommended phones in the list you posted, both I phone and android. I'm now sure it's not a mobile device causing this But rather firmware. I've noticed it happens quite often, almost every flight, so it was easy to test

I've never had this problem before it came after the last firmware update. The dji go4 app never gave any of the problems os those whose app crashed while flying.

I've tested my drone on various devices including a friends remote with and without a otg cable, and with some of those recommended phones in the list you posted, both I phone and android. I'm now sure it's not a mobile device causing this But rather firmware. I've noticed it happens quite often, almost every flight, so it was easy to test
So, try to install Fw again, using assistant 2 and your pc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast