Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI go app 4.1.18 on Android killed the OTG cable support!?!

THIS ALSO FOR ME..AGGIORNATO FIRMWARE 0.900 but app I keep very tight 4.1.15..with cable otg works great

Reactions: Vilco
New member here and hi o/ I've just been putzing about the internet and I've switched back to 4.1.15 myself. I've found that my Acer Iconia One 10 (one of DJI's recommended devices) had some lag and blurring when I flew on wifi, so I switched to OTG pretty soon after I got my Spark.

4.1.15 not only works with OTG, it 'feels' better. It feels more stable and generally better coded. I had had crashes to the desktop in 4.1.18, whereas 4.1.18 is as steady as a rock. The drone is more responsive and just generally plain better when using intelligent flight modes and gesture control.

As for DJI forcing me to upgrade- I'm not sure they can :D. I have autoupdates disabled and if it tries to force a firmware update I don't want, I'll disable internet before I start the app. I don't have wireless G, so I make sure my Spark never sees the internet again if I so wish! I think that'll stop any force updates.

As for buying an IOS product...I'd rather die than buy an ipad because *insert generic rant about Apple products here*

Reactions: jay1028 and Vilco
Works for me. Android 7.1.1, Motorola Moto X Play. Try plugging OTG cable into your spark, and the USB cable to the phone. It didn't work fore the other way around.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm on the latest firmware and app version as of last night.

I'm hoping to have a chance at a full test in the next couple of days, but I was getting battery readings for sure. I had it on inside so didn't pick up GPS.

Update: I get no telemetry at all. I'm sure I had at least been getting battery readings but now not even that. I can connect to the Spark RC over OTG but no GPS, battery, or other information. As soon as I unplugged the OTG cable and switch to wifi I can see that the Spark has locked on to a few GPS satellites and I can see battery readings. As soon as I switch back to OTG, the app stops receiving any of that info.

If you are using android, just uninstall 4.1.18 then download this .apk file to your phone or tablet and install

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (2027412) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

I think you can stay on the latest firmware
What is wrong with me? I cannot download the 4.1.15 version. I go to the apk site, choose the version I want, click the download icon, but run ino a loop of the same page every time. How the heck can I get the app down?

What is wrong with me? I cannot download the 4.1.15 version. I go to the apk site, choose the version I want, click the download icon, but run ino a loop of the same page every time. How the heck can I get the app down?

You have to select the "blue rectangle" download apk, on the next page, select the version at the bottom of the page, both versions will download just cancel the first one

Many thanks lannes. I missed the blue button. How that can be. Must have been stressed by the lousy flying weather... Now it worked fine.

Anyone heard if DJI is still working on a fix? I've read that there has been a few more updates to iOS devices, but it's been crickets on the Android front. Hope they do something soon!

I believe the removal of OTG was an intentional change to ensure there was enough differentiation between the Spark and their new drone, about to be announced on Tuesday. If rumours are to be believed, that will sit between the Spark and the Mavic. This new drone will likely use an OTG cable and probably occusync or similar, so there needs to be a reason for people to trade up.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I believe the removal of OTG was an intentional change to ensure there was enough differentiation between the Spark and their new drone, about to be announced on Tuesday. If rumours are to be believed, that will sit between the Spark and the Mavic. This new drone will likely use an OTG cable and probably occusync or similar, so there needs to be a reason for people to trade up.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
OTG Cable is coming to the Spark soon:

Screenshot_20180121-115225.jpg

Read the last sentence:

A function allowing users to connect sparks remote controller ..... to other mobile devices with a USB-OTG cable is coming soon.
I'm not convinced. This has been on their website for months. Other mobile devices is very non-committal. Could mean Crystal sky, goggles, or future DJI dedicated devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502