Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 VS Litchi

Boudro

Join
Jul 1, 2017
Hey there! No mean to start a battle. I just want to know why some are so eager to get a good Litchi supported version over DJI 4 for the Spark? I'm a new Spark owner and pretty newbie in drones generally. I'm experiencing a lot of glitch with DJI go 4 / Android and iOS as well but satisfied with overall experience, its a bit of a prototype! Just wished they would have promoted it a bit more honestly. I am renowned as a beta tester for anything I know pretty well, not the case for the Spark. So, what in your personal opinion is the hype about Litchi over DJI Go 4 that would get people to try beta that fast? Thanks and regards to everyone for your answers.

If you are into fully autonomous flight where you preplan a mission on a map with waypoints and points of interest to video or photograph, you cannot do that with the DJI Go App. The DJI Go App does support waypoints but you have to fly to the waypoint first to set them. I have read that some people use the simulator to do this but it was not designed to support pre-planned autonomous flight like Litchi has. I use Litchi all the time on my P4 and P3P. It is a very powerful videography tool with more advanced features for other flight modes like orbit than the DJI Go app. Autopilot is another great option but more difficult to use in my opinion.

If you are not into waypoints and preplanned autonomous missions, the DJI Go App is more than adequate IMHO.

According to descriptIon in apple App Store waypoints are not supported for spark at this time

According to descriptIon in apple App Store waypoints are not supported for spark at this time
Yes you are correct waypoints are not supported yet. Also orbit is not supported which makes it really a moot release for the Spark (no real advantage over GO App). I did sign up as a Beta tester for Autopilot today so hopefully when the next beta release is out I can play with it. For Autopilot it does look like they support waypoints for the Beta code.

Reactions: Kyle Dias
If you are into fully autonomous flight where you preplan a mission on a map with waypoints and points of interest to video or photograph, you cannot do that with the DJI Go App. The DJI Go App does support waypoints but you have to fly to the waypoint first to set them. I have read that some people use the simulator to do this but it was not designed to support pre-planned autonomous flight like Litchi has. I use Litchi all the time on my P4 and P3P. It is a very powerful videography tool with more advanced features for other flight modes like orbit than the DJI Go app. Autopilot is another great option but more difficult to use in my opinion.

If you are not into waypoints and preplanned autonomous missions, the DJI Go App is more than adequate IMHO.
Ok this look very clear (and appealing!) to me. I am going to try this preplanned and waypoints as soon as I hear it is safe on the Spark.

Litchi updated for spark yesterday for iOS. But a note says everything works ecspt waypoint flying....****, that's my main litchi use!

I tried Litchi this morning with my Spark. Sorry to say, it only works with WiFi to the RC, with the OTG cable, pretty much nothing works, it's exactly like the previous version was.

Is DJI warranty void if used with Litchi now that it is in official beta?
It's not beta, it's a released product they're pushing to users.

It's not beta, it's a released product they're pushing to users.
Ha ok... reviews I read doesnt feel like it. That being said and opinions' apart, I don't think that Litchy will give me any warranty for my Spark. So I'm still wondering if DJI would consider my refresh if it crash with Litchy? It would make it easier considering trying it.

Hi everyone, before purchasing litchi, I would like to know if the follow me mode uses optical recognition or is it GPS based?

Litchi is more stable than DJIGo4. Go4 crashes on me both with the Phantom 4 and Spark and Litchi is solid.

Ha ok... reviews I read doesnt feel like it. That being said and opinions' apart, I don't think that Litchy will give me any warranty for my Spark. So I'm still wondering if DJI would consider my refresh if it crash with Litchy? It would make it easier considering trying it.
I'd also like to know this. Will DJI honor Refresh if my spark crashed while using Litchi?

Most probably no as they will check the flight log and see what app was used.

Reactions: Boudro
Litchi is more stable than DJIGo4. Go4 crashes on me both with the Phantom 4 and Spark and Litchi is solid.
Hi,
Are you using Litchi on Android? I just tried the latest (paid versionof) Litchi on my iPhone 7+ using the tracking and it went crazy out of control.

Hi,
Are you using Litchi on Android? I just tried the latest (paid versionof) Litchi on my iPhone 7+ using the tracking and it went crazy out of control.

Not good. I used it once and I didn't feel comfortable using it. I then switched batteries and started using DJI Go (killed Litchi before), suddenly I was getting RC disconnects at less than 100 ft (never had before).

I'm waiting for more stable versions to come out...

Not good. I used it once and I didn't feel comfortable using it. I then switched batteries and started using DJI Go (killed Litchi before), suddenly I was getting RC disconnects at less than 100 ft (never had before).

I'm waiting for more stable versions to come out...
Thanks for the info and reply.
I'll let the developers know that I'm not the only one with this issue.

With my Mavic and Android, sometimes when flying waypoints the video feed is way behind where the drone actually is. The videos made with it are phenomenal, but I don't see why it should lag so much when Go 4 doesn't with that machine. If I can get Litchi to work with the Spark I'll use it a lot with Waypoints and deal with the lag to get those great videos.

My biggest problem now is that without OTG I can't even try it on the Spark - that's the only way I can connect my Android to the RC. If I have to use wifi I use my work iphone - and since they are different accounts and services (verizon vs at&t) I'd have to pay for Litchi again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast