Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

So many pages, so I maybe ask again: Is it supporting the Mavic Air or is it planned to support it in near future?

Reactions: Eet-agus
There is 4.1.22 nosecurom. It is newer version

There is but I wasn't happy with it when I tried it:

1) it says it's good to take off in GPS mode with 6 satellites, but fails to set the home point properly, and if you try and manually set it, it fails. I think this contributes to the flyaways, people see "Ready for takeoff (GPS)" and start flying, when they should double check the home point is the same place as the red arrow, which is usually isn't at this point. It needs at least 11 satellites to set the home point properly and shouldn't say it is ready to go in GPS mode until that has been achieved (like 4.1.15 and mod2 do).

2) several parameters cannot be changed, such as wifi channel, Max height, might just be my phone though.

3) Cached recording with audio crashed my version.

4) If the phone is online, the software randomly puts itself into beginner mode and only a restart over-rides it.

I keep going back to this version and a 4.1.14 self patched version I have that is almost identical, I can't decide which is better, but I wouldn't use anything newer than 4.1.15, they are so buggy and unreliable they are dangerous imho.

I don't think this mod2 version is being maintained, I rather gather the author got some grief from the group behind the patches because they don't like people releasing pre-compiled apks, but it is still the go-to version and as it stands today, out performs all the versions released since (I have them all and they are all as equally useless as the next).

Last edited:

1) it says it's good to take off in GPS mode with 6 satellites, but fails to set the home point properly, and if you try and manually set it, it fails. I think this contributes to the flyaways, people see "Ready for takeoff (GPS)" and start flying, when they should double check the home point is the same place as the red arrow, which is usually isn't at this point. It needs at least 11 satellites to set the home point properly and shouldn't say it is ready to go in GPS mode until that has been achieved (like 4.1.15 and mod2 do).

2) several parameters cannot be changed, such as wifi channel, Max height, might just be my phone though.

4) If the phone is online, the software randomly puts itself into beginner mode and only a restart over-rides it.

I keep going back to this version and a 4.1.14 self patched version I have that is almost identical, I can't decide which is better, but I wouldn't use anything newer than 4.1.15, they are so buggy and unreliable they are dangerous imho.

I don't think this mod2 version is being maintained, I rather gather the author got some grief from the group behind the patches because they don't like people releasing pre-compiled apks, but it is still the go-to version and as it stands today, out performs all the versions released since (I have them all and they are all as equally useless as the next).
While I was using the phone, I had crashes as well.
I bought a Huawei 7 "tablet (android 6) and everything was resolved. The same MOD 2 is now well done, flawless.

Do not forget that the stability depends on the running environment.
other processor + video controller
other ram + rom
other android
how much installed application occupies the space

- There's no phone in the tablet so you do not mind messing in or making a call
- No other unnecessary resource scheduling programs are installed
- I'm just using it
- OTG works great

I strongly recommend this to everyone!

got my spark recently, and living in europe the range is quite limited so i wanted to switch to fcc mode. Should this mod do it automatically or do i have to do something myself? Installed the app and launched it, i still see more than 11 channels and 149 is chosen by the app. I tried resetting the wifi but no differ. Phone I am using is OnePlus 5 and i have the origina dji go 4 app installed. Help would be very much appreciated.

Where I can find version 4.1.1.4?

I always have trouble with the new dji go app Version is your version the best?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

It's not my version, that just an unencrypted version that you can modify with the tools available.

I'm not able to find the option to save the maps for offline usage.

Same here, and whenever I can, I only ever get offered China mainland, do these drones have a default home country in their config somewhere?

It's not my version, that just an unencrypted version that you can modify with the tools available.

Same here, and whenever I can, I only ever get offered China mainland, do these drones have a default home country in their config somewhere?
I don't now :( I can't modify my app! But the new firmware makes always trouble :(

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

Guys..
If you open your GO 4 app and tap the 3 horizontal lines in top right corner?
Any "Offline Map" available?

Does it work if I download it the maps from a different app? (offline maps downloader)

no, I do not.
This feature is in the LITE version. See first entry.
Okay...Open Google Maps
Go to your area...zoom needed offline area. Save for offline use in the menu.
If I remember correctly, this is how its done.

About China main land... ignore it...thats not where you activate offline maps.

HEllo, I'd like to use the 2.57GHz frequency.
Do I need to use the files at ...?
howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]
or is this app already supporting that frequency too?

On that link it's said those data are for the "video frequency".
What happens with the signal not related to video?
I mean the orders sent to the drone to control it.
Will they also be boosted and work at 2.57GHz and higher power?

Reactions: koffe
HEllo, I'd like to use the 2.57GHz frequency.
Do I need to use the files at ...?
howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]
or is this app already supporting that frequency too?

On that link it's said those data are for the "video frequency".
What happens with the signal not related to video?
I mean the orders sent to the drone to control it.
Will they also be boosted and work at 2.57GHz and higher power?
1. No it dosent support 2.57GHz
2. Configs only working on dji go version up to 4.1.10 so it cannot be used with this app
3. This app only force FCC mode so wont boost power beyond FCC power limit

Last edited:
1. No it dosent support 2.57GHz
2. Configs only working on dji go version up to 4.1.10 so it cannot be used with this app
3. This app only force FCC mode so wont boost power beyond FCC power limit

But I want to use this DJI GO 4 MOD with a Mavic Pro.
I thought the same app works for both.

But I want to use this DJI GO 4 MOD with a Mavic Pro.
I thought the same app works for both.
I can confirm that this app works with the Mavic Pro I was using it all yesterday but it's only fcc mode 0.4 watt version. It's still so much better than ce mode though.

Reactions: skan
I thought the mavics used ocusync or whatever it's called? there was this guy at the park (in Brighton UK) a while back who said his Mavic could go 4 miles away, pretty sure it was before all this ce/fcc stuff was worked out too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast