Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

I'm probably just a moron, but... the connectors are the connectors, right? What control do we have over "which way" the cable will work. And, if I am just a moron, well, I apologize in advance! I have a lightning to mini-usb (or mini-usb to lightning) cable and wouldn't know how to tell the difference! Or is this one of those "go find the left-handed smoke shifter gear" kind of joke?
OTG cables work by shorting one of the internal wires. This tells the device to enter host mode. In this case, it tells the RC to act as the host, phone is the accessory. Therefore the OTG end needs to be on that end.

I'm not sure lightning works this way with lightning accessories, as the cable is reversible. I think in that case, the accessory tells the iOS device what is what.

OTG cables work by shorting one of the internal wires. This tells the device to enter host mode. In this case, it tells the RC to act as the host, phone is the accessory. Therefore the OTG end needs to be on that end.

I'm not sure lightning works this way with lightning accessories, as the cable is reversible. I think in that case, the accessory tells the iOS device what is what.
I'll try it... not sure how to confirm either way. I don't have an OTG end, I have a Lightning to Micro USB Cable. Wondering if that was a $10 mistake... thanks for the info.

I'll try it... not sure how to confirm either way. I don't have an OTG end, I have a Lightning to Micro USB Cable. Wondering if that was a $10 mistake... thanks for the info.
If the cable is not labelled as an OTG cable but merely does a physical conversion from micro USB to Lightning, that is a problem as neither RC or phone will know who should act as USB host.

DJI has disabled the OTG on Spark and if you connect the controller with otg cable (first the phone side and then the rc side), you loose the telemetry. Please when could we have a modded app with telemetri restored?

Thanks.
Gerry.

got 2.1 available. however there are people dislike it. so you will find or create by your own.

the connectors are the connectors, right? What control do we have over "which way" the cable will work.

Not with OTG cable. Think of it as one side is the master and one the slave. For an example this controls which side "charges" and which side "receives the charge"

OTG DETAIL INFO

I have a "Micro USB to Micro USB OTG" cable. One of the connectors is white the other black. Helps me to determine which was is which. Black is the host. It goes into the controller and the white into my phone. When I plug in this way my controller actually starts charging my phone and I get the app pop up asking me what app to run for that USB device. If I plug it the other way around the phone starts charging the controller and I never get the pop and the app won't connect.

Why someone should dislike the 2.1?
Anyway I use Crystalsky and the modded 2.0 is the only one that Work next to the original. This one is impossible to uninstall. The mod 2.0 run very well but lacks of telemetry.
I’m not able to build a 2.1 version but I am always willing to pay for the work of others. So if some one can provide me a new version with working telemetry and which I can install next to the original DJI GO 4 let me know. Thanks,

Gerry.

Original app on Crystalsky is not clonable and I cannot create a copy of it. Thanks. Gerry.

Original app on Crystalsky is not clonable and I cannot create a copy of it. Thanks. Gerry.
Don't clone the original App! Clone the moded App. If not work on Christalsky use a other device for clone.
If you use a other device you need the premium version from "Clone App" for 3,99€

Last edited:
Tried cloning on crystalsky and doesn’t work
Triedcloning on galaxy s6 and it work but when I install cloned spp on crystalsky it crash. The only clodes app Working good on Crystalsky is 2.0. Maybe some setting on App Cloner to fix.

Does this app need setting to go into FCC mode? or it should be automatic?

I am using DJI GO 4 MOD Lite with Nexus 7 wifi connection to remote and I still see in the wifi 2.4G having 13 channels instead of 11 channels. So I am not successful in getting into FCC mode? or is that because I am indoors and haven't got a gps signal yet?

Does this app need setting to go into FCC mode? or it should be automatic?

I am using DJI GO 4 MOD Lite with Nexus 7 wifi connection to remote and I still see in the wifi 2.4G having 13 channels instead of 11 channels. So I am not successful in getting into FCC mode? or is that because I am indoors and haven't got a gps signal yet?

I think you need a gps signal the first time. Try and put your spark close to the window if its too cold outside

hello everybody. I would like to download the apk but it does not work through the app of the forum. I've also tried to go to the page through my PC at SparkPilots - DJI Spark Drone Forum but it is worse as I cannot reach the page at all... Have you got the same issue ?

Hi, I've been using this mod app several times with otg and it did work great.
But since a few day, I have lots of problem with the video feed as it keeps showing a "signal lost" message and no video. I get the video feed for a sec then I loose it.
However I still can control the AC with the app even when it states there's no signal (and don't get the video). For example I can turn the gimbal up and down with the app even in such condition.
When I connect over wifi, everything's ok.
Also if I use the otg cable with the official app, obviously I get no telemetric data, but the video feed is ok, no "no signal" alert.

Any idea what could mess with the video feed with the otg cable?
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis