Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Those 2 modded apps works flawless on my son's Huawei p9 lite. Everything, OTG, resolution, icon sizes.. is perfect.
Works very good also on my Huawei Mate 10 pro. Very happy to get the two flight modes Waypoints and POI that were not there in the original app. But the new Follow mode does not work at all by me. Anyone succeeded to get it in use?

Just installed 2.0 using it with my 1st gen Mavic Pro 1.03.0700. Using a Note 8

Everything I've tested so far works perfectly except the RTH function.

I always enable precision landing and the Mav gets me right on target but what is happening is that my RTH altitude is set at 60m. and no matter what altitude I'm at it maintains that altitude, gets the proper orientation then proceeds to the home point without climbing to the 190 ft first. This happened 4 of the 5 times I tested it.

Other than that - this app made me fall in love with Mav again

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As an IT and Public Safety professional, I know that you get what you pay for. If this is an official DJI beta, I'd love to try it. If its a clone of DJI's application I don't want any part of it. Crash the drone with it and it comes out you're using a third-party app to control the aircraft, your warranty is toasted. I guess I'm confused on what the third party app offers that DJI 4 Go doesn't to motivate folks to side-load it in the first place. If you're using the app, great for you. Why did you switch?

As an IT and Public Safety professional, I know that you get what you pay for. If this is an official DJI beta, I'd love to try it. If its a clone of DJI's application I don't want any part of it. Crash the drone with it and it comes out you're using a third-party app to control the aircraft, your warranty is toasted. I guess I'm confused on what the third party app offers that DJI 4 Go doesn't to motivate folks to side-load it in the first place. If you're using the app, great for you. Why did you switch?
All the info is in the op. READ

Reactions: Thefunkygibbon
To gain access to FCC level transmission between RC and drone. Here in UK we are limited to CE level transmission, which gives very poor range.

You're right regarding warranty claims. However DJI managed to make the user experience worse with newer versions of the DJI GO app. This alternative app automatically switches to FCC mode and more importantly lets Spark pilots use Mavic Flight modes like POI or waypoints and a constantly working OTG cable connection. In addition it's much more responsive than the original app. To be honest regarding the latest app changes I don't think DJI cares too much about the Spark anymore so there are most likely no new flight modes or significant performance changes coming for it. I just received my Spark 2 weeks ago and was really disappointed about OTG not working and losing my image transmission after 80m distance. With the modified app it the Spark feels like a different product to me.

Last edited:
All the info is in the op. READ
Seriously, this. There are at least 3 use-cases for me which make it a dealbreaker if i were to use the official app. FCC range, OTG cable support (wifi is rubbish) and the extra shooting/flight modes (ok maybe that isn't too much of a deal breaker).
Given I bought my Spark in the US (for half the price of the UK) and that DJI are rubbish and don't have a international warranty (despite being an international/chinese company)... my support is shot regardless.
If I had a new Air or a new Mavic Pro then I may well think differently about it (although they don't have the issues with OTG like the spark does)

Seriously, this. There are at least 3 use-cases for me which make it a dealbreaker if i were to use the official app. FCC range, OTG cable support (wifi is rubbish) and the extra shooting/flight modes (ok maybe that isn't too much of a deal breaker).
Given I bought my Spark in the US (for half the price of the UK) and that DJI are rubbish and don't have a international warranty (despite being an international/chinese company)... my support is shot regardless.
If I had a new Air or a new Mavic Pro then I may well think differently about it (although they don't have the issues with OTG like the spark does)

I completly agree with you. I dont know why but I have poor signal. With original app i suppouse to get 500meters away because of Poland regulations. But its impossible to fly that 500 meters away. Thats why I decided to use moded one. Sorry spark is not chep and if u buing him I not be flying 100meters away. that can do cheap toys. Secound thing is I think u not lossing warranty because if something happened in the log u have normal walues nothing is overclocked. If u changing software in spark to fly quicker yes that is the reason to lose warranty but not for normal flying.

Reactions: asdasdasd
This has veered of topic. But for me OTG was the reason for using this. Along with the older version .15 that actually still works on my Nexus 7. The newer DJI apps are too much for that old tablet. I run the new DJI Apps on my newer Pixel tablet and works great. Actually have a Crystal Sky on the way and planning on running stock apps there...and the Crystal Sky also supports OTG for the Spark...imagine that. Either way until that arrives this is my route.

However I noticed a few bugs also. First as mentioned above the WiFi channel shows twice along with the setting not really "sticking" meaning when I set for 2.4ghz it keeps changing itself back to 5.8. So not sure why that is happening.

depends on which way around you have the OTG cable plugged. if you plug it one way the power from the phone charges the remote, the other way the remote charges the phone. the modded app forces the brightness to be full so that doesnt help either. for 45 mins of screenon time with either wifi or otg its going to take its toll. saying that, i dont think i've seen that much of a drainage.

I have updated last app Mod Lite, and now I don't see maps in flying records.
The maps seem by Google before they were by Here Maps.
Does anyone know why?

ThanksIMG_20180221_210233.jpg

I was using mod 2 and had no maps at all. Went back to the ordinary app and used the gps hack to get it into fcc mode instead. I find that works fine, but would love to be able to use the mod 2 app with maps working.

It's such a pity you now have to hack DJI drones to make them any use at all in Europe. Terrible decision by DJI to use technology that they basically have to break for their European customers.

I was using mod 2 and had no maps at all. Went back to the ordinary app and used the gps hack to get it into fcc mode instead. I find that works fine, but would love to be able to use the mod 2 app with maps working.

It's such a pity you now have to hack DJI drones to make them any use at all in Europe. Terrible decision by DJI to use technology that they basically have to break for their European customers.

Erm you can't blame DJI for having to adhere to government mandated restrictions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast