Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Well, if you read the first post, the author of this thread gave the credit to Bin4rys and his work. He even invite people to make a donation to him so in my opinion this thread is a problem. And providing compiled APK is useful as not everyone know how to do it.
The problem might be others who use the works of others and make people believe this is their work. To me, this is the real issue.

i think this kristo think too much n worry too much. you can dig other threads n starts your comments.

Running this app on a 7th gen Amazon Fire HD10 (http://video-drone.diy3dtech.com/dji-go-app-on-amazon-kindle-fire/) that I picked up for $95 at Target over Christmas. So far so good, the original DJI Go 4 app would run perfectly over WiFi but when using an OTG would not display telemetry and battery data. This modded version of the app is now displaying telemetry and battery data using the OTG cable, image transmission is very clear with little to no latency.

I’m going to begin testing all of the Spark’s varying functions using the Fire/modded-app combo, but it looks very promising.

Well, if you read the first post, the author of this thread gave the credit to Bin4rys and his work. He even invite people to make a donation to him so in my opinion this thread is a problem. And providing compiled APK is useful as not everyone know how to do it.
The problem might be others who use the works of others and make people believe this is their work. To me, this is the real issue.
Sure I read the first post. But the author doesn't approve precompiled apps, simple as that and there is discussion to not release newer versions because of this. So even it it might be useful, which I understand, it will do the community a disservice.

i think this kristo think too much n worry too much. you can dig other threads n starts your comments.
Join slack and follow the discussion if you think I'm just worrying...

I got this DJI Go 4 Mod 2 installed and attached the OTG cable as was described earlier in the thread but it doesn't work for me. I have verified that my device is OTG compatible by attaching a thumb drive to the OTG and plugging it into my tablet. It sees the drive just fine. I realize that the controller is the host but I did this test just to make sure I'm not spinning my wheels. The app is connecting to my controller just fine using Wi-Fi. I haven't been able to test fly due to weather. Anyway, what am I missing in getting the OTG to work?

Sure I read the first post. But the author doesn't approve precompiled apps, simple as that and there is discussion to not release newer versions because of this. So even it it might be useful, which I understand, it will do the community a disservice.

Join slack and follow the discussion if you think I'm just worrying...
I don't know what a slack is, or how to compile an APK. This method works well for me. Perhaps someone who can contact the original developer can work with them to officer this to those of us who don't know or care to do compiling of things.

I've taken my Hoverbee for quite a few flights with the modded app now, and no worries- nice smooth flights, no unexpected dodgy spam to my throwaway email account I used to log in, etc etc, no weirdness in my tablet, etc etc. I decided that since I had great still weather conditions the other day, I'd really open up the throttle and do some less cautious flying in an area where I knew I'd have great VLOS. I shot this video entirely with the modded app:

Solid as a rock!

I got this DJI Go 4 Mod 2 installed and attached the OTG cable as was described earlier in the thread but it doesn't work for me. I have verified that my device is OTG compatible by attaching a thumb drive to the OTG and plugging it into my tablet. It sees the drive just fine. I realize that the controller is the host but I did this test just to make sure I'm not spinning my wheels. The app is connecting to my controller just fine using Wi-Fi. I haven't been able to test fly due to weather. Anyway, what am I missing in getting the OTG to work?

try plugging the OTG side into the controller instead of the phone. try various usb cables, try changing the order which you plug things in (make sure that the controller is on before you plug it in)

Reactions: Dave Skowron
try plugging the OTG side into the controller instead of the phone. try various usb cables, try changing the order which you plug things in (make sure that the controller is on before you plug it in)

I actually got it to work. It was the USB cable I was using. It's a nice short one that I use to charge my phone while it's docked in my truck. For some reason it wouldn't work with the OTG. I got a different cable and it now works. I wonder what the difference is? I thought all USB pinouts were a IEEE standard.

Haven't tested otg yet as my cables on the way! Anyone else test?

I got OTG to work in MOD 2. It's a bit dodgy to setup - a lot of trial and error, have to turn on and off WiFi a few times but eventually it works. Now, offline maps do not appear. No menu item on the front page of the app and nothing inside the app. I just downloaded your MOD 2 app two days ago.

Just wonder, has anyone tried the pano sphere mode on MOD 2 app? Is it working?
Yes, works fine with MOD and OTG:

rnoDEOq.jpg

****, this sucks.. looks like im out With this Huawei ascend xt2 (I just bought 2 of them) unless some knows how to change the dpi in the app?? Im no coder, but if someone just points me in the right direction, maybe I can re-build the same app from this version I have that does work correctly...??? Im not giving up!! Awesome picture MadFlyer..

Love this mod. Quick question regarding the online function though. If I use the 2.0 version, does that mean I can't upload photos to SkyPixel or upload flight records?

How do you enabled fcc mode using mod 2? I'm seeing 13 2.4ghz channels. I thought there were only supposed to be 11 in fcc mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis