Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Mod 2 working flawlessly with OTG and current firmware on the spark. Very impressed with this upgrade of features. Using Lenovo A7 Tab, I am not getting Google maps, or at least any local maps even. I only see the blank maps with Chinese characters and no mapping info. Have tried signing in and out of the modded app numerous times with no luck. Google maps is loaded and working fine on my device stand alone. Any advice, tips, tricks? Thanks for looking.
You have to use the lite version for the maps to work, remember you can't use the lite version with the original app installed. Safe flight.

Reactions: MarkySparky
I'm using the full version and Google Maps works perfectly. I am connected to my home WiFi and using OTG. I haven't tested flying without WiFi connected, so I can't comment on those maps working in the wild.

Reactions: armando58
I'm using the full version and Google Maps works perfectly. I am connected to my home WiFi and using OTG. I haven't tested flying without WiFi connected, so I can't comment on those maps working in the wild.
With the lite version you can preload the maps, very convenient in the field.

If you have tested this mod on your device, please reply if it's working, as well as what device you are using, and I will add your device to the list.

Mods; If this thread is against the forum rules by posting links to modded software, please let me know so I can remove the links. There seems to be a legal grey area around posting modified software, but I see it no different as to remixing a popular song and releasing it for free. As long as everyone here understands that they're downloading a modified version of the official DJI GO 4 app, I believe it's perfectly acceptable. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Incredible App, if it works great and reliable!

Hey, I need to unistall my DJI GO 4 4.1.15, to use use this one Lite Mod?

Incredible App, if it works great and reliable!
Hey, I need to unistall my DJI GO 4 4.1.15, to use use this one Lite Mod?

Yes, the only one which can live together with the official one is the 2.0

I installed DJI Go 4 version Mod 2.0 on my Spark using a Nexus 5 Android 6.0.1 - no SIM, Aeroplane mode. It seems to work perfectly. No issues with Google Maps. So far.....
I forgot to mention that OTG works as well ☺️

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilco
Hi!
thanks for the Mod. i downloaded the mod2 on my oneplue2 and it works great.
i have the official dji app installed olso.
as i am newbbie i have a few qustions ..

1) the mod2 app will allow me to fly 2km away , and not 500m like now ?
2) when entering the modded app i get a 'data update' massage to update my non-fly zone database, should i ignore it every time ?
3) with the official app tranfer photo from the spark to the phone took severan min, with the modded app a few secconds, so, thanks for that olso :)

does anyone else have the telemetry icons oversized?? I have it working but cant read signal bars and gps sats. cause they are very small while the icons take up more space than normal?? If I can figure this out I should be fine..See my pictures a few posts up...I need help...even the red camera button is way to big..why would this do this and any way to fix?? I love this whole custom app but just want it right, thanks....

does anyone else have the telemetry icons oversized?? I have it working but cant read signal bars and gps sats. cause they are very small while the icons take up more space than normal?? If I can figure this out I should be fine..See my pictures a few posts up...I need help...even the red camera button is way to big..why would this do this and any way to fix?? I love this whole custom app but just want it right, thanks....
Are there not two versions of each app depending on the pixel count of your phone? That could have something to do with it

Hi!
thanks for the Mod. i downloaded the mod2 on my oneplue2 and it works great.
i have the official dji app installed olso.
as i am newbbie i have a few qustions ..

1) the mod2 app will allow me to fly 2km away , and not 500m like now ?
2) when entering the modded app i get a 'data update' massage to update my non-fly zone database, should i ignore it every time ?
3) with the official app tranfer photo from the spark to the phone took severan min, with the modded app a few secconds, so, thanks for that olso :)
Ignore the message, be careful how far you fly, if you run into headwind on return you might not make it. You should be able to fly past 500m

OK here is a chance for my first contribution to this community. ;-)

My Spark finally arrived today.
Updating via DJI assistant went smooth, without any issues.

1. I first connected it to my good old Samsung Galaxy S3 NEO.
- Android 4.4.2
- No SIM, flight mode
- I have both Mod 2.0 and Lite here, no official
- Both apps Works with OTG just fine.
- I was not flying Spark since it is dark outside. Just took it out to check GPS reception and do compass calibration - both OK.
- It DOES matter which side of OTG is connected first.
- Here is how i do it: switch ON RC, switch ON AC, wait to connect, put OTG cable together, plug thinner OTG side of the cable (actually ordinary micro USB cable with male USB on one side and micro USB on the other side) into phone and the other side into RC, phone then automatically offers to start MOD 2 or LITE, i choose which ever, wait a little bit and voila. :)
- Request for updating flyzones poped up, ignored it of course.
- tried several times, it works each time.
- 2nd time there was no need to log in.
- I can switch between 2,4GHz and 5,8GHz which is due to OTG.
- On LITE preloaded offline maps works.
- On MOD 2 maps Works if I enable WiFi so that it can downoad them.

The only thing which I don't uderstand is how can I see if I'm in CE or FCC. I don't understand that ''11 cannels rule'' or that ''you shouldn't see channels 12 and 13'' rule. Actually, there is no cannel indicator at all. All what I see is this.

20180209_190709.jpg 20180209_190709.jpg

But I don't care really, I'll check the range tomorrow. If I can get app. 500m reliable range and image transmission I'm happy and I have better chances to achieve that since I can select 2,4 GHz.

2. then I connected it to my daily Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Android version 5.0.1
- Both official 4.2.6 and MOD 2 on it
- I started with MOD2 and OTG connection DOES NOT work - so it is either phone, android version or having official app here also - i don't know.
- Then I decided for official 4.2.6 here. I followed suggeted Moccation trick, advised by Haggi and it worked! :) THANK YOU Haggi. ;-)
- Connected with WiFi, (tried with OTG but it doesn't work), warning about FCC poped up - ignored - so I guess im in FCC with this one, will test the range- Warning to update flight zones - ignored.
- then everything was fine-
- As told, I don't understand that ''11 cannels rule'' or that ''you shouldn't see channels 12 and 13'' rule so I don't know where am I here either. There are indicator colums on RSSI graphs, i didn't capture a screen, I'll do it next time.

According to all those facts I have good chances to get reliable 500m range and image transmission - either with MOD2 using OTG and selecting 2,4GHz or with official 4.2.6, fooled with Moccation.

I hope I did at least a little payback with this.
I've got and still getting A ALOT of usefull informations here so THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU.

Reactions: zerocool1028
Thank you Daithi, I didn't even know pixel count matters, or that there could be 2 different versions?? To Armando58- I am using the cheap Huawei Ascend xt2 (aka the wunderphone on other posts)... I will find out my pixel specs and edit them into this post..
I don't see any other versions for pixel count, but some how (with alot of you guys help) I want to get this looking correctly. The app is awesome, with the red logo and all, I love it.. but the size of the screen icons and record button is just way to big....ps, I just loaded it on my Galaxy tab a 7inch tablet and it looks fine?? so it must be something with this Huawei xt2 phone?? I dont get it??, the original app version from the play store looks fine on this phone but all of the mod versions dont...Thanks for the help, but if anyone else knows what could cause this, please help me out here, Thanks..

Reactions: koffe
ok here is the phone specs...Display-5.5in. IPS,720x1280 pixels, 267 PPI, 24 bit...could this have anything to do with it???
Shot 085.png

Last edited:
Can I use this app mod 2.0 with my phantom 4 pro and crystalsky ? are there any app mod with
1.5W 2.4-2.475ghz boost and 32 channels not with fcc ?

This is crazy, I have just loaded no less than 8 versions of these modded DJI go 4 apps, and every one of them except the actual dji app and this v4.1.15-1027412 (nodpi) do not display the telemetry icons properly.. They all have oversized icons and the red button for video is way bigger than normal, cant read gps or signal strength..see my pic a few posts up..the one version that works doesn't have all the tweaks so its not what I really want but until I figure out the real problem, its gonna have to get me by... It must have something to do with this dam Huawei ascend xt2 phone??? Hey DUBT, is there another version or any way to change the dpi on this app you have compiled???? Im going nuts over here.....

Attachments

• head-up-***.jpg
    head-up-***.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 93
Verified and tested MOD 2.0 on my Samsung Note 3 device, version 5.0. Installed it side by side with the original DJI Go 4.1.15 (from APK mirror).

Works pretty well and did a quick 500+m range flight and RTH (didn't fly further due to obstructions around from tall buildings). Attempted with OTG without any issue.

The only confusion part was the channel selection (11 vs 13 rule for FCC vs CE) on the UI (but of course I believe it is already in FCC mode).

Keep up the good work though!

Hey! I just want to make you aware of that the DJI mod you are providing might be hindering the release of newer versions... The author of the software you are using to mod the apk (bin4ry) and others doing the patches don't like seeing their work being used in precompiled apks. So there is discussion on not releasing newer versions for modding...

Bin4rys own words: "we don't like other people publishing precompiled apks on forums and facebook and calling them their own.. so we are not sure on how to progress from here"

SO please consider removing this post and stop providing precompiled apks. Instead help users use the tools provided directly by the authors. That way you will not be one of those who are stopping the community to progress. Thank you for your understanding!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar