Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 Android - control / video problems.

Sparkz71au

Join
Feb 8, 2018
G'day, I very new to the DJI Spark, but after experiencing video/control 'problems' with my 'generic/cheap' android 6.0.1 'zte' phone (not supported from DIJ). During a flight, the video would loose signal & RC control was lagging within 4-10m (33') . I am left with trial & error. DJI Go 4 & Spark are latest versions.

I turned off the video cache recording & so far the RC controls have improved reasonably & live image has improved.

Still learning b4 it flys away.

You can find some other tips that should help your Android device run better here.

I have a terrible Motorola phone.. It loses connection completely every time so i always have to RTH. Pretty disappointing.
Most people say that IOS 9 or better is the solution. I haven´t tried it yet.

Thank you for the link to the tips.
The DJI Go4 app has just been updated (today?) on Google Play to V 4.2.6.
Screenshot_20180209-175722[1].png
The Video cache is now grey (off?). Yet they Record Audio option remains? Screenshot_20180209-181836[1].png

I've been googling & there is a lot of information to discover about the Spark. Each time I test the updates or downgrade, I waste a battery whilst downloading, checking the 'flight plan' (ie flight limits) & checking the basic RC/DJI go 4 setting - but it it saves losing the Spark...

Last edited:
I just took DGI Go 4 V 4.2.6 on a test flight. Current firmware. Disabled video cache, animations, & background programs on my cheap android.
The remote / video connection has improved. Only dropped out for a moment when directly above & I forgot/failed to flatten the antennas.

I was scared to go out of beginner mode (30m/100ft) at first, but achieved 167m height (550ft) & the Spark remained within 1m from home. The wind was also gusty, according to the log. - (32-49 Km/h).

Beyond that distance, it's only a dot in the sky & eventually out of sight. I'll test more when the batteries recharge & my confidence improves.

Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu