Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Aeroscope Test - How To Monitor Rogue Drones

Dante' Watson

Join
Feb 9, 2018
Hey Everyone, make sure your following drone laws as they are getting smarter. Be responsible and there is nothing to worry about.

Reactions: BrianP
Well actually I find this quite concerning, particularly the fact that serial numbers and email details can be accessed so easily.
I am sure DJI covered themselves re the sharing of such data through the T&Cs but I am still very uncomfortable with this.
Fair point about airport authorities having access to track down rogue pilots but who else can get access to the data and how?
Not impressed.

Reactions: Dante' Watson
Well actually I find this quite concerning, particularly the fact that serial numbers and email details can be accessed so easily.
I am sure DJI covered themselves re the sharing of such data through the T&Cs but I am still very uncomfortable with this.
Fair point about airport authorities having access to track down rogue pilots but who else can get access to the data and how?
Not impressed.
That's just the beginning. I can only imagine what systems will be developed to monitor our airspace in the next 5 yrs.

That's just the beginning. I can only imagine what systems will be developed to monitor our airspace in the next 5 yrs.
One more reason to use an unofficial app and a fake login.

On a different note does anyone know why DJI GO needs access to the phone and the contacts? Seems unusual for an app that I use to control a drone.

Most apps ask for that info now a days and it generally has nothing to do with why you downloaded the app in the first place. Like other company's they are just gathering information. The word privacy has be redefined.

Reactions: hg87
One more reason to use an unofficial app and a fake login.

On a different note does anyone know why DJI GO needs access to the phone and the contacts? Seems unusual for an app that I use to control a drone.
Contacts access is granted because of the share button. Press that to send photo/video to contacts.

Nothing nefarious here.

Cool thanks. It should not matter then that I revoked that permission.
Yeah, GO4 askes for a LOT of permissions, but I went through them and all have a reason. Keep in mind, GO4 is used for so many DJI products, that some of those permissions may not apply to your use.

There's no harm in revoking the permission and then trying the app, see if it causes any problems.

Yeah, GO4 askes for a LOT of permissions, but I went through them and all have a reason. Keep in mind, GO4 is used for so many DJI products, that some of those permissions may not apply to your use.

There's no harm in revoking the permission and then trying the app, see if it causes any problems.
What's the phone permission for? Also social media related?

Yes the app is surprisingly chunky, I am wondering if that's not causing some problems.

What's the phone permission for? Also social media related?

Yes the app is surprisingly chunky, I am wondering if that's not causing some problems.
Phone permission is needed to access your device UUID, which uniquely identifies your device from all others on the planet. Not sure if this is to ensure a secure connection, or for logging/troubleshooting purposes.

And yeah, I think trying to make one app to do everything is kind of a negative on DJIs part.

Boys and Girls welcome to 2018 every move you make every email, text, call and Drone flight you do is monitored by somebody.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar