Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Disable Return To Home (RTH)?

lurvas77

Join
Jan 10, 2018
I find that most of the time, I don't want the Spark to fly back home when the battery gets low. I rarely fly far away from where I am. I would typically follow it around roughly (or it would follow me).

Can I disable the RTH function by default, or is the only option to cancel the RTH action once it kicks in?

I know I can update the RTH point in action, but often I don't want any RTH point at all.

I find that most of the time, I don't want the Spark to fly back home when the battery gets low. I rarely fly far away from where I am. I would typically follow it around roughly (or it would follow me).

Can I disable the RTH function by default, or is the only option to cancel the RTH action once it kicks in?

I know I can update the RTH point in action, but often I don't want any RTH point at all.

You can also hit the pause button to cancel it as well.
How to use DJI’s Return to Home (RTH) Safely

Even if you could, the first time you disabled it would be the time you wish you hadn't...

I don't think so. If you stay fairly close to your drone it's more confusing than useful. It's not straight forward to know how it will react when it kicks in. It depends on many variables such as how far away from home it is, the reason why it started etc. I've read many reports where users have crashed because of the RTH function. People get surprised when it kicks in, and when they don't understand what's happening they panic and do all kind of mistakes.

When you fly far away it can be very useful. I agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard