Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Did you mark your Spark with owner info?

gnuPilot

Join
Jul 24, 2017
Did you markup you Spark with contact/owner info? I have a text file on the microSD card with my information & reward info. Just curious what everyone else is doing.

I have an ID from Safe-Drone.com
I marked my Spark with a fire proof ID tag showing my ID and SafeDrone ref.
I won't give my personal data as this is protected by privacy law. However, any interested party can contact me via my ID.

I have an ID from Safe-Drone.com
I marked my Spark with a fire proof ID tag showing my ID and SafeDrone ref.
I won't give my personal data as this is protected by privacy law. However, any interested party can contact me via my ID.

That’s interesting, I wonder if there is anything like this in the US.

No. If I lose it, I want there to be absolutely no chance that it would ever be returned. \sarc

In Germany all drones above 250g in weight must carry a fireproof badge showing the owners name and address.

I registered before they overturned the rule for hobbyists. I still have a year left so all of my drones carry the registration #. After it expires and if they haven't changed any laws again, I'll probably just put contact info on somewhere.

Reactions: Nikon1
Same as the OP, I put my info on the SD card clearly labelled "Owner_Information.txt"... While I was flying during the requirement to register with the FAA I still put my number on all my drones. Figure its a positive talking point if confronted by someone not so friendly... Its worked in the past!

I registered before they overturned the rule for hobbyists. I still have a year left so all of my drones carry the registration #. After it expires and if they haven't changed any laws again, I'll probably just put contact info on somewhere.

Same with me. I have until Dec 2018 and if it's still only $5.00, I'll probably just pay the renewal fee and be good for another 3 years.

In Canada we are supposed to put our name, address, and phone number in a clearly visible spot.

No thank you, not putting my address on there. Email only.

In Germany all drones above 250g in weight must carry a fireproof badge showing the owners name and address.
Yeah, but IMHO this rule is overruled by privacy laws in Germany. E.g., you wouldn't be able to ask anybody to replace the license badge by an address badge on their cars ...
This is why I went with the method as I described in post #2 above.

Moreover, the fireproof address badge (which I own) doesn't fit nowhere on the tiny Spark body. Whereas the smaller fireproof registration ID badge does. Non fireproof solutions (SD card, battery box label etc.) all don't fit the requirements by German law. The labels I use are made of engraved aluminium.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast