Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Day Hyperlapse Test 1080p60 - June 26, 2018

Looks great. Same method I posted? I should not have said "frame doubling" as interpolation is not that, its more like tweening...

Kind of.
I played around with Sony Vegas 15
After importing the media go into properties under file.
Change the template to desired resolution, then change the frame rate to 59.940fps in properties and click apply.
Right click the media, select properties.
Click Conform to project frame rate and it will automatically default to 2x speed.
Click apply and render.

Go grocery shopping because with my i7 8700K 16 Gb DDR4 2800 RAM takes 20 minutes per 90 second clip to process.

Only problem is it gives you a baseline of 2x speed.
Try to slow down to 1x with Sony Vegas after rendering and it becomes jittery.

Kind of.
I played around with Sony Vegas 15
After importing the media go into properties under file.
Change the template to desired resolution, then change the frame rate to 59.940fps in properties and click apply.
Right click the media, select properties.
Click Conform to project frame rate and it will automatically default to 2x speed.
Click apply and render.

Go grocery shopping because with my i7 8700K 16 Gb DDR4 2800 RAM takes 20 minutes per 90 second clip to process

Vegas is brutal for rendering.... I have 14 pro, its more like to to bed for the night for a 5 minute render! But I love that interface and invested in mucho plugins over time. I have both Macs and PCs, so depending where I am, and what I am working on, I will use FCPx or Vegas. I also use a few other tools from time to time, Shotcut, Resolve, Motion, even iMovie... nothing wrong with a diverse toolbox.

Reactions: pmshop
15 is supposed to be faster than 14.... need to upgrade, 16 is coming later this summer

Got another test coming.
Going back and redoing the Big Joshua Creek Falls vid for the test so we are looking at 4K60.
I think I found a way get this done.
Procedure is the same but after clicking the conform to project button and it snaps to 2X speed...
Click OK, reopen media properties and change it back to 1x and click OK

Time count still counts to 60 frames.
This is what I came up with - Sports cam effect still there?
Still rendering at YouTube but I think I lost it

Last edited:
Will have to check, net is slow here.... so you upscaled to 4k or did you use your mavic/phantom? I cant recall what birds you have... you mentioned 4k60.

I am working from home today, took a coffee-break outside with a cup of Spark about 30 mins ago. Flight 10 vid will be produced later. :)

Will have to check, net is slow here.... so you upscaled to 4k or did you use your mavic/phantom? I cant recall what birds you have... you mentioned 4k60.

I am working from home today, took a coffee-break outside with a cup of Spark about 30 mins ago. Flight 10 vid will be produced later. :)

Upscaled Spark video

Fleet:
3x SYMA X5C
2x SYMA X8C
1x DIY 550mm hex
1x DIY Tarot 680pro hex
1x DIY 500mm quad
various assortment of parts that could almost build 3 more complete units :D

So the vid you said was 4k seemed to be 1080... I downloaded it with my 4kvideo downloader app, which is set to smart mode, i.e. it grabs whatever the original resolution is.... It was 60 though...

Interesting because YouTube says it is 4K
Working on another version without "inter - whatever"
But reaching thermal underclocking protection now for some reason

Ha... I've seen this before, I am usually a Firefox guy... once in a while i have seen this before where YT only shows quality up to 1080, I loaded that URL of yours into Opera, and there's the 4 k. Usually this is not an issue. Anyway, you were right... now just waiting to watch it after it buffers for a while. Satellite internet.

Sorry guys...just seeing this thread now but not the explanation of what you're doing (adding frames? why? upscaling to 4K?) And seeing improved IQ?

thanks...

Sorry guys...just seeing this thread now but not the explanation of what you're doing (adding frames? why? upscaling to 4K?) And seeing improved IQ?

thanks...

I have seen some improvement in my videos especially yaw sequences when interpolating from 29.97 frames to 59.94 ... My youtube channel has a couple I've done both ways, the 59.94 . Then we just "went geek" from there :D the end game is smoothness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast