Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Control Camera Gimbal in RTH ?

webvan

Join
Jul 22, 2017
Has anyone figured out a way to control the gimbal in RTH ? It would be pretty convenient to film without having to worry about controlling the drone but the only workaround I've found is to initiate RTH to get the exact heading then cancel and fly back full speed in sports mode while trying to move the gimbal slowly at the same time...

Have a look in the quick shots, point & fly mode. It may be the answer, or there is apps that replace Go4 that allow you to map out the entire flight for your spark to follow automatically

Has anyone figured out a way to control the gimbal in RTH ? It would be pretty convenient to film without having to worry about controlling the drone but the only workaround I've found is to initiate RTH to get the exact heading then cancel and fly back full speed in sports mode while trying to move the gimbal slowly at the same time...
I think it works fine when you use only a smartphone to control that little thing. On RTH you can control the gimbal... Advantages for those who don't have an RC ;)

Once RTH is underway the correct bearing back to the operator has been set. Once that has happened you just hit the Pause button to cancel RTH.

Then pushing forward on right joystick will keep it on track. You should only use left joystick to adjust altitude. Now the gimbal control wheel is unlocked and drone still headed Home.

yes that's my workaround, would be better not to have to worry about the right stick !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef