Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Confused of max speed

jim469

Join
Aug 27, 2017
Hey guys, took my spark out for the 2nd time and decided to try out sports mode, much to my dismay it only touched on 40 klms once, but for the duration of the flight it was maxed out at about 32 to 35 klms which was strange considering I have seen plenty of videos that manage to get to 50 klms.
I have all the latest firmware and everything is up to date.
There was no wind to affect the speed what so ever, so my question to you guys is, is there something in the set up that i have done wrong or do i just have a dud?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I can't help, but yesterday I managed to get a top speed of 55kph with mine.Screenshot_20170902-211921.png

Hey guys, took my spark out for the 2nd time and decided to try out sports mode, much to my dismay it only touched on 40 klms once, but for the duration of the flight it was maxed out at about 32 to 35 klms which was strange considering I have seen plenty of videos that manage to get to 50 klms.
I have all the latest firmware and everything is up to date.
There was no wind to affect the speed what so ever, so my question to you guys is, is there something in the set up that i have done wrong or do i just have a dud?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I suggest you contact DJI about the problem.

Idiot question, but are you sure there is no confusion between mph and kph, you indicate speed in klms.
Sport mode is 50 kph or 31 mph.
It is not normal you don't reach the specified speed, see thread HERE.

I changed the tilt angle from 35 degrees to 50 degrees in sport mode. Now can hit 56km/h... 60 with a small breeze. Perfect for tracking my 4wd on the beach. I have noticed that when you use active tracking it changes its own flight profile to deal with the object being someone walking, running, bicycle or car. It actually displays the profile it is in which affects what speeds it can use.

Sent from my SM-G955F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Idiot question, but are you sure there is no confusion between mph and kph, you indicate speed in klms.
Sport mode is 50 kph or 31 mph.
It is not normal you don't reach the specified speed, see thread HERE.
No its defiantly kph as that's what we use here in oz.

No its defiantly kph as that's what we use here in oz.
Maybe you can try to recalibrate your RC.
Also it takes some times until it really reach 50 kph.
Capture76.PNG
40 kph is about 11 m/s. So it took 2.5 seconds to reach 40 kph but another 2.5 to reach 50 kph.

I changed the tilt angle from 35 degrees to 50 degrees in sport mode. Now can hit 56km/h... 60 with a small breeze. Perfect for tracking my 4wd on the beach. I have noticed that when you use active tracking it changes its own flight profile to deal with the object being someone walking, running, bicycle or car. It actually displays the profile it is in which affects what speeds it can use.

Now that's an idea.

Ihave never touched the rc since out of the box and never thought you had to calibrate it.
Usually it fine but as you don't get the max speed...

how did you change the tilt angle?

Reactions: mapwd1702
Watch this. You can do it with the recent DJI pc app. I only changed the tilt angle, climb and decent speed.

It is not always because something is possible that it is a good idea to do it.
Don't come after that crying that Spark is BS if you loose control or your battery shut-off mid flight or ... (hope there will be nobody around you at that disaster time).

It is not always because something is possible that it is a good idea to do it.
Don't come after that crying that Spark is BS if you loose control or your battery shut-off mid flight or ... (hope there will be nobody around you at that disaster time).
I agree, I watched the video and was blown away but each to there own, i defiantly wont be going down that route just too risky.

I changed the tilt angle from 35 degrees to 50 degrees in sport mode. Now can hit 56km/h... 60 with a small breeze. Perfect for tracking my 4wd on the beach.
Yes but the gimbal cannot. Flights at that speed mean undue stress on the gimbal motors due to wind resistance and the resultant footage is useless due to the gimbal defaulting to FPV mode in sports mode.
It might keep,up with your vehicle but the captured video will be crap.

I've been flying with the tilt angle at 50 degrees for 2 and a half months now. Never had 1 issue, not 1 battery problem. If you start playing with other things then yes I do believe you risk everything. But giving a little more angle in just sport mode is harmless. I left alone the brake gain and other stuff.

Reactions: dndhurl
Yes but the gimbal cannot. Flights at that speed mean undue stress on the gimbal motors due to wind resistance and the resultant footage is useless due to the gimbal defaulting to FPV mode in sports mode.
It might keep,up with your vehicle but the captured video will be crap.
The gimbal is locked in the roll when in sports mode so no stress on the gimbal.... and the gimbal can move faster than the drone can tilt.... hence the sensitivity slider for panning it up and down.

The key is to look at the detailed FC logs and check for ESC temps, battery voltage/temp and other indicators of excessive load. But the little thing can really take a serious beating, pretty impressive :)

84.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502