Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cheap hard case for DJI Spark and gear

My statement is based out of experiance as well. I take my gear to a lot of hostile environments and have found the pick and pluck foam lacking when it comes to strength. I'm glad yours has stood the test of time.
I've seen this comment made a few times, and well, here I sit with mine 1.5 years later and no problems at all. just don't be rough with it and it'll hold up pretty well

Went out and got mine tonight. A tight fit on some things, but should definitely work. Going to spray the plasti dip tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    681.9 KB · Views: 39
Went out and got mine tonight. A tight fit on some things, but should definitely work. Going to spray the plasti dip tomorrow.
Awesome man. Layout looks good. Deff spray the inside of the slots as well. Adds a lot of strength. Pretty nice cases for the money right?

Harbour Freight sells a line of Pelican style hard cases branded Apache. I picked up the Apache 2800 the other day and mapped out what I wanted to do with the foam. This is what it looks like plucked out. I picked some cans of black Plasti Dip (1 will do) and put 2 coats on it. Sealed up the pluck foam nicely. It's currently drying so I will post up a picture when it's all finished.
Apache 2800 case $23.99 with 20% off coupon + 1 can of Plasti Dip $6.50= $30.49View attachment 7261View attachment 7262

Nice, efficient use of space. I have a Plano dual handgun case, same pluck foam which I then sprayed with Plastic Dip to harden the foam some so it won't fall apart with repeated use.

case1.jpgcase2.jpg

Check amazon. I picked up one by "bangcool" in december, that was black hard shell, blue inner hard foam, pre slotted for spark, 3 extra batteries, remote, extra blades, and additional medium pocket for 18.99, but I see now it is no longer available. It is small pelican exact, and they still sell similar ranging $35. and under, soft shells about 20. And Under.

Reactions: nwaters2618
Is that a flashing led card I see on your landing gear. I struggled to keep track of my Spark and I found this to be great. I use it with the double flash, the first attracts my attention then the second confirms, then like magic your eyes focus and I can see the Spark itself.

Reactions: nwaters2618
Is that a flashing led card I see on your landing gear. I struggled to keep track of my Spark and I found this to be great. I use it with the double flash, the first attracts my attention then the second confirms, then like magic your eyes focus and I can see the Spark itself.
Yes - have have 3 Strobon Cree I put on my landing gear for night flying. Green and Red on the sides and White on the bottom back. They work incredibly well and can easily see as far as I can fly the drone out (2-3 miles) with line of site the entire time. IMG_0036.JPG

Added another feature to the cheap case for those night flights and needing to see in the box to change out batteries or just to see what I'm doing. Got this for $11 something on Amazon. The LED light bar is rechargeable and has motion sensor so it turns on when I open the case and off when it's closed. Link: http://a.co/d/1aPZh7JIMG_0053.JPG
Link: http://a.co/d/1aPZh7JIMG_0055.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy