Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Charging Controller

Kelly UK

Join
Aug 12, 2017
is there anyway to see if the controller is charging? The miniUSB socket is very tight and I can't tell when it's working or not.

is there anyway to see if the controller is charging? The miniUSB socket is very tight and I can't tell when it's working or not.
If you're speaking about the RC...while charging there are LED dots that light up while charging.

If you're speaking about the RC...while charging there are LED dots that light up while charging.
Thanks and yes I did mean the remote.

As I though the mini-USB is sooooo tight it's not connecting as no LEDs light up when it's plugged in

Thanks and yes I did mean the remote.

As I though the mini-USB is sooooo tight it's not connecting as no LEDs light up when it's plugged in
Make sure that you're not forcing the mini USB into the RC...if I'm not mistaken it can only go in 1 way. Secondly, no LEDS will be displayed when fully charged.

upload_2017-8-12_9-1-45.png

Reactions: Kelly UK
Thanks for that. As I thought actually.

Just looking into the socket on the controller the 'male' pins are flush with the bottom of the socket so no chance that they can connect with the lead

Thanks for that. As I thought actually.

Just looking into the socket on the controller the 'male' pins are flush with the bottom of the socket so no chance that they can connect with the lead
Hmm...Mine are very close to the bottom, but not flush.

Reactions: Kelly UK
A lot to ask, but if it's convenient please could you post a pic of the socket on your controller please. I've nothing to compare mine to and to be honest I'm concerned that it's maybe damaged with no way to charge it

Thanks for that. It confirms mine is damaged then

I wonder how good DJI are at changing damaged controllers?

As aviscomi said, it can enter in the RC connector only in one orientation even if the connector on the RC is rectangular.
2017-08-12 17.03.12.jpg

20170812_171515.jpg

It’s not mini-usb, it’s micro-usb. Use the white cable that came in your FMC and when inserting it into controller the flat part of the head for to the bottom of the controller.

Reactions: M1dn1ght N1nj4
if you just use the cable supplied and the correct side up you should be good to go

Thanks for the well intentioned message. However if you read the thread you will note I've used the supplied cable just one time and it wouldn't go in. The female socket on the controller is damaged/faulty. The supplier is replacing it

if you just use the cable supplied and the correct side up you should be good to go

my reply was more a reply to gnupilot regarding mini or micro usb part. i read it again and i know why you misunderstood it, it wasnt clear indeed. glad that you worked it out with the supplier.

I'm having the same issue I have the controller it came with a small black Cable when plugged in no lights light up blinking to show charging . The cable doesn't seem to fit very well In the port??

Attachments

• 15061361817562061493053.jpg
    15061361817562061493053.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 15061362705811009926227.jpg
    15061362705811009926227.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
I'm having the same issue I have the controller it came with a small black Cable when plugged in no lights light up blinking to show charging . The cable doesn't seem to fit very well In the port??
Your using a Lightening Cable (Apple connector). The controllers port is a microUSB. Stop trying to force the wrong cable in there, or you'll likely break the port and have to return it for a replacement controller.

Reactions: brasda91 and Kilrah
That's a lightening cable. Lightening cables do not fit into Micro USB ports :rolleyes:
And no, your controller did NOT come supplied with that!

Reactions: brasda91 and Kilrah
What the ..... come on now! This has nothing to do with being a first time drone owner. :eek: /facepalm

Looking at the connector on the controller, it is in fact a micro USB port, but doesn’t have the curved side.

In this case, it appears rectangular with the inner pin configuration.

This makes it hard to know which way to orient the cable.

First time I’ve ever seen that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502