Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cause of atti mode

SparkyNate

Join
Apr 28, 2018
I have searched this a fair bit and am getting mixed answers,I was flying yesterday at 240ft and the spark went to atti mode for approx 20 seconds,I always fly this location and this has never happened,I was near a massive abandoned cheese factory and though that was the cause,so after landing and resetting drone I flew to the same spot and pulled up the sensor menu and saw hardly any magnetic interference I believe it read in the low 30s? I thought magnetic interference caused it to go into atti mode? I had 17 satellites I would like to prevent this in the future if at all possible.thanks in advance!

The cause of ATTI mode during flight is loss of GPS. However, you said that there were plenty of satellites during the flight. This leads me to believe that this is some type of malfunction/problem with the drone. I’ve never once had any of my drones go in to ATTI mode once they’re airborne and locked in to satttelites (GPS mode). Maybe try an IMU calibration to reset all of the sensors. If it continues, I’d send it to DJI. This shouldn’t be happening.

This happened on mine too, haven't flown it since... about a month ago right after a firmware update.
Had 16-18 satellites and went into atti mode saying "weak GPS signal"

Reactions: windryder
My spark is doing this since the last firmware update . The last time I was 100 feet away and about 80 feet up in the air . It went into atti for about 45 seconds . It has earned a spot in the closet and can stay there .

With both my now defunct sparks, i ve had numerous gps signal loss and tempraty switch to ATTI mode, flying with clear skies and no possible interference on empty bahamas islands.

I have always suspectd the spark GPS receiver was pretty weak.

Flying in the same areas with a Parrot Anafi, i have yet to get GPS errors, pretty much confirming my suspicions about the Spark GPS

I've had minor atti-mode hiccups but nothing major yet.

I wander if a GPS antenna, like the low profile Garmin, can be soldered to the Spark and placed on the back for a replacement to the stock antenna if it clears the props?

Screenshot_20181011-111214~2.png
Although it may throw the balance off.

Hey!
I found this happening all the time and then realised that it was because I kept ignoring the update about local fly zones. Once I actually applied the update it was perfect and had no issues!

Hey!
I found this happening all the time and then realised that it was because I kept ignoring the update about local fly zones. Once I actually applied the update it was perfect and had no issues!
You know that’s funny I have been ignoring mine too but what would one have to do with the other? I know I should update it regardless,I have flown several times since with zero issues.

I took the C-fixer after mine and after the new compass calibration it seems good . I flew it out until smart return kicked in . It’s the best it has done in many flights

Last edited:
I took the C-fixer after mine and after the new gps calibration it seems good . I flew it out until smart return kicked in . It’s the best it has done in many flights
What this "GPS calibration" is?
Do you mean compass?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast