Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Carbon fibre propellers

It's been said many times than DJI Props are a failure waiting to happen. Others have tried unsuccessfully.

Reactions: Sparkbart
I'll wait for reviews before I buy as they're very expensive. Although I'm interested to see if they extend flight time much. That would be the only selling factor for me (well maybe a little bit of the bling factor as well........)

Just a thought but using third party props could void your warranty or insurance... If Dji want a get out clause then this sort of thing could be it...

Best hope those who hate/had issues with palm launch and land don't try these out xD
I'm already picturing the finger severed to the bone.

Reactions: noooris
I have not tried them, only have experience with carbon fiber blades on helis.
Carbon fiber blades more easily crack when meeting flying gravel near the ground.

Reactions: noooris
Has anyone tried these?
4730F Propeller Quick Release Foldable Prop Snap-on Accessory for DJI SPARK
This foldable Quick-release Propellers is made of Real Carbon Fiber, super strong and light weight, good endurance and rigidity, more safe and energy saving for your DJI Spark drone flying
- 4730F CW CCW Carbon Fiber propellers for DJI Spark drone
- Foldable, ultra strong and light weight
- Higher tension, easy to install
- Smoother,responsive and quieter Flight
- More energy saving flight
32c1e6be4bf077d0a34b6ca23f3ebd08_OR0362_1.jpg
I bought one. the wing centers brittle. It was necessary to modify them. The wings themselves are more durable than the original ones.

Yeah, no....

When it comes to my DJI Drones, I keep them ALL DJI. First and foremost its to ensure I maintain my warranty and don't call into question the OEM parts I used if I have an issue. Second, what is to be gained by using aftermarket props? Is it significant? Third, did this company actually do engineering to ensure these are structurally sound and actually work better or did they simply make props out of CF?

And their claim of more safe? Have you seen what CF props can do to your fingers and body parts? Way worse than plastic...

Has anyone tried these?
4730F Propeller Quick Release Foldable Prop Snap-on Accessory for DJI SPARK
This foldable Quick-release Propellers is made of Real Carbon Fiber, super strong and light weight, good endurance and rigidity, more safe and energy saving for your DJI Spark drone flying
- 4730F CW CCW Carbon Fiber propellers for DJI Spark drone
- Foldable, ultra strong and light weight
- Higher tension, easy to install
- Smoother,responsive and quieter Flight
- More energy saving flight
32c1e6be4bf077d0a34b6ca23f3ebd08_OR0362_1.jpg

Just so y'all know, water damage is covered on the DJI warranty... Had a friend who crashed their Mavic into a wall, DJI said they can't cover that, so he dropped it into the ocean, then shipped it back and got a new one xD Seems to me this whole warranty thing is just an excuse of people saying they don't like the idea of using non DJI stuff, which is ok, caution is good sometimes.

Have you seen what CF props can do to your fingers and body parts? Way worse than plastic...

An ESC failure sent a CF prop thru a pair of Levis blue jeans and into my leg. If I had been wearing shorts, this would have resulted in a trip to the ER.
13299033464_29d89ccb33_k.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you're planning to kill something, carbon props on a flying camera are as dumb as they come. Plus, putting non-DJI props on your DJI product voids the warranty and / or the DJI Care Refresh you might have paid extra paid for. Read the fine print.

Enjoy the day!

Last edited:
They can’t unless the CF props puts either more or less loads consistently on the motors, where they can see a history of it in the flight logs.

It's seems to me that DJI can void my warranty for lots of reasons that prevent me from enjoying my purchase to it's maximum. This includes using third party apps (I've just received my beta of Autopilot and can't wait to try it!), modded apps (yep, I've also put DJI Go Mod 2.0 on my slow old android phone just to check out the new flight modes), using an OTG which is not supported, and putting any kind of accessory (except for the fly more prop guards) on my spark. Thanks for the advice, but I am more interested in whether they work...

Since you seem the be an adventurous person, what with using different SW to control Spark and various accessories, I'm surprised you haven't already tried the carbon fiber based props out. I'm looking forward to your report on how well they perform.

As for me, I no longer have any interest in third party props after a very bad experience with two different sets (one set erratic flight to point of crashing, and the other always crashed on takeoff). I'm content now to just stay with props by DJI. They have always provided consistent flights.

Pappy, Sparky Ron, how much y'all pay for them props of yours? The 3rd party failures.

Pappy, Sparky Ron, how much y'all pay for them props of yours? The 3rd party failures.
The reason I purchased the props was 2 fold (1) I wanted some spares, and (2) I wanted some red ones to match my spark. I paid $8.69 on E-Bay. When I went to fly the next time out, I thought something was wrong with my drone. In sport mode it was no different than in beginner and had no response. As soon as I put the DJI blades back on, everything was back to normal. One of the biggest waist of $ I have been guilty of. Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu