Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can't get my spark to start

Fubar1979

Join
Jul 7, 2018
Bought a spark today, had it on charge for 4 hrs and just have 2 leds that flash on the battery 4 times then a pause then this just repeats, I try to swith it on by double tapping the button and holding the motors make a noise and that's it, it just won't do anything then, any thoughts?

Bought a spark today, had it on charge for 4 hrs and just have 2 leds that flash on the battery 4 times then a pause then this just repeats, I try to swith it on by double tapping the button and holding the motors make a noise and that's it, it just won't do anything then, any thoughts?
You need a remote to start the motor without launching it. Try using the auto takeoff on dji go 4.

Hard to understand what really is done and what happens here.
Is it really 2 LEDs at same time or the second one is blinking ?
Are you using a remote control (RC) ?
From your post #1, it seems it turned ON, but from post #4, you say no, some confusion to clarify.

Did you read and follow the instructions in the DJI user manual ?:) , I am joking, but it really helps.

Can you do a video and post it on youtube and then post the link here about what you are doing and what you see so we can see what could be normal or not?

Yea can sort a video, the lights will only come on and flash when the drone is plugged in, it's two of the lights on the battery that flash, they flash from left to right but only 2 they do that 4 times then stop for about 4 seconds then they repeat if it is plugged in, as soon as I unplug the spark they stop and it won't come on. I don't have a remote I was hoping to use my android or I phone but can't get the drone to come on in the first place.

Ok, should made some sounds, shake the propellers and start the front/read status LED on the arms after 0:07. It sounds like the battery level is only 1 LED. It is probably too low and it means the battery is not charged at all.
Is your battery becoming hot when you charge it?
How are you charging the batteries? I assume from the Spark?

I'm using the plug and lead that came with it direct to the spark its not overheating checked the temp. As soon as I unplug it no lights will come on

From the video, the battery seems not fully charged, at begin it got only 2 LEDs (<50%). When you charged it, was the LEDs increasing from 1 to 4 LEDs blinking.
Your battery sounds like to be faulty. Can you return it under warranty?
Can you try another battery?

I only bought it today, I will take it back to currys tomorrow, thanks for the help. After 3 hrs of it charging I give up

Try plugging into a pc and running dji assistant as well. The batteries will prob need updating

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

@Fubar1979 where are you based? Another idea is join my fb group (DJI Mods the spark side) and see if someone local can help you out. There are 11k members so im sure there is someone close [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I,ve done the same thing just hold the power button on the spark till it beeps and your off and running

Unplug the charger it won't power up while charging.
Mine power up if the battery is charging in the Spark.
You cannot take off, but it can be turned-on.

Reactions: FZR750
Mine power up if the battery is charging in the Spark.
You cannot take off, but it can be turned-on.
Not tried mine since I first got it Christmas, but I had the same problem. Unplugged charger pressed the battery button 2 times holding it until 3 set of beeps turned it off and then back on and paired with android and also me ipad. But haven't tried with charge cable since latest firmware up date. Could it be it's still running an old firmware ??

1. You can't power on while charger plugged in

2. Try remove your battery and then press power button twice with the second press you need to hold until it powered up (battery only)
To power off press twice, with second press also hold until it off

Dji use first press just check battery power level, while the long second press is for power on/off

3. What do you charge the spark with ? I mean what is the charger ? You need at least QC 2.0 charger that can charge @12V, check your power adapter, look at output voltage, if it is original and not faulty, it can charge properly, don't use any iPhone charger since it only 5V for all iPhone that available right now.

If all ok

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Sorry for unfinished reply, if all ok, plug on spark and charge until indicator switched off, while charging, it show progress led.

I'm afraid your battery imbalance, because spark using 3 battery cell, and it will have problem if charger are problematic, alternative you can charge it with power bank that support QC 2.0 and up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena