Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Buying a Remote Controller for Spark

Konstantin

Join
Dec 16, 2018
Hey community,
I have recently come across a Spark Drone as a birthday present :) and it is my first drone ever.
I am wondering if it is necessary to buy an official Spark Remote Controller to fly the drone? or can I get around with using the app only?

In addition - are there alternative companies that produce remote controllers for this drone?
Thank you :)

Flying the Spark using a phone alone has only limited features and very limited range. No Sport Mode. No tactile feedback from screen controls compared to remote control's joysticks.

Gets boring pretty quick - and then you get a remote and it is like a whole new aircraft!!!

You can only use the DJI branded remote because it uses a proprietary form of wifi to communicate with the Spark. It is boosted wifi that is superior to that of phone alone

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Konstantin.

What Andre said is spot on correct. Get a remote ASAP for a more enjoyable experience.

Happy Birthday and welcome to the Forum.

Reactions: Andre Levite
yes get the remote from dji , also watch the utube vids learn as much as possible.
have fun its a great little machine Happy Birthday. And thank you to the person who got you a great birthday present! Have Fun ,,Fly carefully.

Reactions: dat1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni